For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1800 by vssyd123
10 Jul 2004, 03:19
I heard that with an AMEX Centurion, you can access the CLubhouse when you travel in Y or PE Class? Is this true?

I jusr received my Centurion PAck the other day and it did not say anything about this?

Also can someone please give me a hand on my FLying Club Question (the lastest one).

THanks

[mcuth: NB - moved to Cards from General Discussion]
#35896 by Decker
10 Jul 2004, 09:34
It is definitely true of the LHR clubhouse. Perhaps RM will know more :)
#35898 by Pete
10 Jul 2004, 10:32
VS Clubhouse access with Centurion only applies to cardholders from specific regions - ie, when they used to allow access to Platinum card holders, it was only the UK cardholders. I don't know if the Centurion deal is exactly the same, but if you're not in the UK and it doesn't say it in your pack, then it's not part of the deal.

VS will check eligibility based on the first 4 digits of your card number, if that number isn't on their list you'll be turned away.

Pix
#35901 by Bazz
10 Jul 2004, 11:36
Centurion benefits vary depending on which country the card is issued in, there is not a standard worldwide pack of benefits.

I believe it is only cards beginning 3742 which grant access to all VA Clubhouses.
#35929 by jonathan2122
10 Jul 2004, 19:47
surely if you have the centurion card you can afford to travel upper class of virtually buy the plane:D
So the whole point of having free entry to the CH is pointless;)
#35935 by vssyd123
11 Jul 2004, 03:07
Well Just because I have a Centurion card, that does not mean I can't have a budget or prefer to spend my money or other items.

You will be surprised how many rich people actually travels in Y Class.

But the benefits of Centurion is not as great in AUS when compared to the UK.
#35943 by Bazz
11 Jul 2004, 11:21
quote:Originally posted by jonathan2122
surely if you have the centurion card you can afford to travel upper class of virtually buy the plane:D
So the whole point of having free entry to the CH is pointless;)

If you fly UC on a full fare ticket on personal bucks you feel like you have bought the whole ruddy plane ;)
#40629 by mcjock
07 Sep 2004, 01:03
Not 100% certain, but I think you can access the lounge in any class of ticket - i.e. doesn't have to be full fare economy like Y but any class whatsoever. At least with my UK based card 3742... I believe this to be the case.

I know I can gain access to LHR, JFK and EWR clubhouses with this card.

And just to set the record straight - I have never and would never be able to afford a J class type ticket. Only ever travelled UC on business. I earn less than 50k per year and have a centurion - so this image of millionaires is certainly not true:):)

cheers
mcjock
Virgin Atlantic