For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#36323 by Nottingham Nick
14 Jul 2004, 18:03
Not surprising, I am just surprised a) that is has taken so long for another airline to start direct flights, and b) that VS don't fly there daily.

Nick
#36325 by mitchja
14 Jul 2004, 18:07
That's gonna get up BA's nose a bit.....if BMI do get the licence - 2 of it's competitors with direct flights to LAS, one from London and the other from Manchester.

Judging by the popularity of the VS flights I would think the BMI flights will fill quite easily too.

Regards
#36948 by Bazz
19 Jul 2004, 17:12
I didn't read the full application but wonder if the three flights weekly would be on the three weekdays that VS don't currently fly that route? If that was the case there would be a scheduled UK-LAS sevice seven days a week! However, before you all get excited, I doubt that would be the case as Monday, Friday and Saturday may not provide the best returns.
#37052 by Bazz
20 Jul 2004, 11:11
All are days currently served by VS. Well at least those up north will have a choice and may not have to get to LGW, which can be a pain.
#37898 by mitchja
01 Aug 2004, 18:55
Looks like BMI have got the go ahead for MAN-LAS flights - they are now bookable on the BMI website. Looks like they start on Oct 31.

Regards
Virgin Atlantic