For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1876 by BlackCat
16 Jul 2004, 20:18
So, here's the deal. I may need to visit EZE and PVG on business, with possibly JFK thrown in for good measure. A huge number of ways of doing this, including VS to IAD and then UA to EZE, then back and VS to PVG. However, it seems daft to backtrack and I'm not sure the client will stump up for the price of all those J flights.

Not exactly a brainwave, but a round the world ticket looks like it could be a good bet: £4.5K business class for the lot. However, it does mean I need to sort out an RTW itinerary. Any suggestions? I'm keen to (a) maximise either *Alliance or VS points, (b) minimise cost and (c) minimise flight sectors... Oh, and not spending too long on crappy airlines (like UA and AA for a start) would be good too.

If anyone can come up with few good ideas the Cat will be eternally grateful... [8)]

BC
#36947 by HighFlyer
19 Jul 2004, 17:11
If you can blag the time i would do the RTW! although, not sure how you would figure the VS parts out (apart from the LHR - JFK and PVG - LHR parts)

Its a shame that VS do not have many great partners on the Great Escapade round the world ticket. I was going to do one but the lure of the partners in the OneWorld is too tempting.

What sort of order would your trips be in?
#36992 by BlackCat
19 Jul 2004, 20:06
Dunno what order (probably the US then Argentina then China). But the Great Escapade ticket does not provide me with any kind of route into South America, unfortunately. Of course, if I can maximise my SQ sectors then at least I'll get some tier points.

At the moment it's looking like a combination of Lufthansa, United (spit) and Singapore.

BC