For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#2006 by sahajesh
27 Jul 2004, 01:40
Has anyone been to watch F1 racing anywhere - I'm planning to go with friends next year and was curious as to which circuits would offer the best racing, in conjunction with a decent area to stop in and do stuff etc?

I suppose the Malaysia GP could be timed to coincide with another type of transport.....;)

Perhaps this could also be a social, there seem to be a lot of keen drivers here :)

Regards,

Sahajesh
#37560 by pegitt
27 Jul 2004, 02:19
I have been given ticket's to the british gp and i found it c$@p as you have to stay in the one place i prefer le mans 24hr as you can view the racing from menny parts of the track and it has a better atmosphire esp on a fri night those of you who have been will know what i'm talkin about.

A mate of mine went to the barcelona gp and said there were good view's fronm the stand's of most the track.

He also went to monaco and said it was a waste of money.

I would rather spend my cash on le mans cost about 50 euro's for prat,qual(2 days) and the 24h race .

Or the british gp £95 just to stand and watch or £100+ to have a seat in a stand just for the race day.

Le mans is a good laugh as you have the drive down (if you drive there) with loads of nutter's in exotic car's stay a few nights in a hotel then camp thurs-sun at the track.

I have done this 4 years running now and love it so le mans get's my vote.

Cheers

Phil
#37565 by sahajesh
27 Jul 2004, 07:58
Thanks for the details - I'd heard that Le Mans was really good (and better than F1), we might do that plus an F1. Friends and I just need to agree what to do now!

Cheers,

Sahajesh
#40343 by colbornjames
04 Sep 2004, 01:16
Sahajesh

I went to Monaco this year and loved it. It's a race of F1 history, glamour (i.e. a guy driving around the streets in a Ferrari Enzo with the No. Plate 'Ferrari 1') and above all you can really get the feeling as you are so close to the action.

Recommended to take ear plugs though as it really is VERY LOUD!!!

Regards,

JC
#40415 by sahajesh
04 Sep 2004, 23:33
Thanks for that - we've agreed on Monaco for next year. We also tend to do the BTCC plus we went to the Porsche Festival at Brands Hatch on 30/8 and that was really good - I must have a Carrera GT [8D].

Next year's PF is on the cards too!

Cheers,

Sahajesh.
#40429 by Richard28
05 Sep 2004, 01:26
Been to a few F1 GP at Silverstone, and could easily miss it to be honest, especially at the price they charge.

The best thing is to wait for a sunny sunday, and head down to brands - whatever is on - it's always a great place!

Truck racing was included one sunday when I went, and that was just something else - excellent!
#40545 by Vslf
06 Sep 2004, 12:56
And if you want some actual racing...two wheels beats four every time.

VSlf
#40603 by pegitt
06 Sep 2004, 21:01
All i have to say is caterham R500 or Yam R1 hmmm i think i'll back the R500:D

Cheers

Phil
Virgin Atlantic