For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#38026 by Jonathan
03 Aug 2004, 18:57
Not Flown with them but got a few web facts:
Since you refered to cost I assume your traveling in Economy?
Looking on the website they dont have Personal IFE systems so movie choice will be poor.
They have 385 seats in economy 747 Virgin use airbus 340's so have less seats (187) Seat pitch is about the same though (31")

film listings from India here To India here

They code share with VS so it might be worth seeing if you can fly on a cheap Air India ticket codesharing on a VS flight?

In terms of service comparisions im sure someone else can comment
#38040 by jonathan020
03 Aug 2004, 19:45
quote:Originally posted by Virgin Atlantic
Im planing to fly to New York, my travel agent is finding air india the cheapest fare then virgin atlantic.

Can anyone tell me what it is like to travel with them?

Air India will give you a further discount if you carry your own dental records with you ;)
#38069 by RichardMannion
04 Aug 2004, 00:27
Let me put it simply for you based on the obseravtions made by friends/colleagues that have used AI planes before.

If it was a choice of walking or flying with AI, they'd be asking for recommendations on good walking shoes.

Pay the extra and go with VS - I'm sure that the MpM fare is not too far off an AI quote.

Thanks,
Richard
#38082 by Vslf
04 Aug 2004, 13:55
I have to agree with Richard. Several colleagues have been bumped onto AI flights, every single one of them swore never again. With hindsight they would rather have spent twenty four hours at Mumbai airport and got the next BA flight (if you've ever been to Mumbai you'll know how bad that is!)

From a UK/US perspective they are awful, but they have a different target market, different customer profile. For anyone flying to the US they offer fantastic prices (prticularly in J), but on this occasion you really do get what you pay for.

VSlf
Virgin Atlantic