For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#39317 by jilly
23 Aug 2004, 19:51
I have been to Toronto many times and always stayed at the Cambridge Suites. They are very centrally located and within walking distance to all attractions. There used to be a great bar just around the corner from there called Growlers, if it's still there its definitely worth visiting.

Jilly
#40627 by mcjock
07 Sep 2004, 00:36
Hi Jon,

like Jilly, I have been to Toronto many times - its a great city. I usually stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Yonge Street. I stay in Marriott hotels a lot and the Courtyard is a brand within the Marriott chain that are slightly cheaper than the full main brand of Marriott hotels. There are quite a few hotels on or near Yonge street (not surprising since Yonge Street is the longest street in the world!!) - by the way it is pronounced 'Young'.

Anywhere on or near Yonge Street (i.e. several blocks either side) from the waterfront right up to Bloor Street is a good bet(Bloor street is in an area called Yorkville which is a few miles north of the harbour, which is where a lot of expensive shops and smart bars and restaurants are). You could look up somewhere like http://www.expedia.com.

Enjoy. Go up the CN tower if you are not afraid of heights!
cheers
Jock
#40649 by stevendq
07 Sep 2004, 10:10
I also stayed at the Courtyard marriott last year. Its a nice hotel. Nothing special but good in terms of a tourist class hotel. Location is ok if you generally want to be at that end of the city. Its a bit of a treck to the water front (CN Tower Etc) but I enjoyed the walk many times as Yong street is nice with plenty of coffe houses, shops etc on the way.