For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#2271 by randalf
24 Aug 2004, 11:18
Hi all,

Me and the missus will be travelling down from LA for a couple or so nights in the area in October and I'm currently looking at the plethora of hotel choices in the area (specifically, the GasLamp quarter?). Anyway, I thought it might pay dividends to ask you well-travelled lot if you have any recommendations or "stay away" warnings that would be useful to hear before I spend my cash!

Cheers,

Darryl
#39747 by BlackCat
28 Aug 2004, 10:42
Hotel del Coronado always gets my vote, just for the history, and the fact that I can do a passable Tony-Curtis-impersonates-Cary-Grant voice for most of my stay... :)

BC
#39944 by randalf
31 Aug 2004, 12:43
Great, I'll check out its details! :)
#40040 by SNA1K
01 Sep 2004, 04:35
Coronado is really nice if you are looking to get away from the city and spend time right on the beach--it really is the only hotel to have its own beach. If you are hoping to spend time at the Gaslamp, our favorite spot is the Westin Horton Plaza. Everything is within walking distance of this hotel and it is really a nice spot.
#40061 by randalf
01 Sep 2004, 11:13
Hmm, I think we're looking at something in the GasLamp quarter or thereabouts so it sounds like the Westin Horton Plaza might be more convenient as a base for walks around the area.

I'll go have a look on Expedia for the prices!

I wonder if they have a partner deal with Virgin? :)
Virgin Atlantic