For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#2285 by BlackCat
25 Aug 2004, 03:26
(a) How crappy BA NCW is, making the cabin look like a row of coffins and forcing anyone over 5'10" to sleep doubled up.

(b) How rubbish the BA Pavillions lounge is at LHR T4, particularly when a load of planes are cancelled... standing room only.

(c) How good BA food is, with an excellent crab and prawn salad and then green chicken tikka to follow -- I can't remember VS ever being this good.

(d) How long it takes to fly to Buenos Aires... 16 hours including the stop in Sao Paulo!

A very jetlagged BC...
#39454 by jaguarpig
25 Aug 2004, 12:10
quote:(a) How crappy BA NCW is, making the cabin look like a row of coffins and forcing anyone over 5'10" to sleep doubled up.

(b) How rubbish the BA Pavillions lounge is at LHR T4, particularly when a load of planes are cancelled... standing room only

LOL, pity you could not blag your way into the Concorde room:D
At least it was not a sleeper service then you would have missed out on the food as well.How I also love those coffins not.:D
#39459 by Jonathan
25 Aug 2004, 14:28
Maybe you'll prefer the VS food after they launch the new menu:D
#39482 by The_Banking_Scot
25 Aug 2004, 19:54
Hi,

I was not that impressed with BA NCW food on my YYZ flights in June. ( too much salad _ I love VS soup) and on the return flight the appetizer was just a small bit of cheese of a large salad plate and the desert was a small tart. Quality wise VS still beat BA comfortably.

Agree with everything else Black Cat

Regards

TBS
#39492 by BlackCat
25 Aug 2004, 22:58
quote:Originally posted by Jonathan
Maybe you'll prefer the VS food after they launch the new menu:D

The only change I can see is on the paper menu, not on the plate.

Despite TBS's experience I have always had great food on BA in Club (and better than great in First) apart from the time they served cauliflower soup (I am allergic to cauliflower) in the bubble on a 747 and I went the same green colour and had to bail out into WT+ for half an hour. [xx(]

Don't get me wrong, VS usually has good food, better presented, but for me BA always seems to give good quality.

Anyway, just managed to snag 10G (front row) for the return tomorrow through OLCI so I'm a happy cat (can't take the risk of the legroom in row 15 on a BA 777 NCW due to the bassinet positions).

BC
#39746 by BlackCat
28 Aug 2004, 10:34
I'd also forgotten that the food on BA is always much better ex-LHR than the return journey. Not bad, but the breakfast had a kind of congealed quality to it and the mains weren't as good as on the flight out.

Still, if VS flew to South America there would be no contest...

BC
Virgin Atlantic