For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#2293 by iforres1
25 Aug 2004, 12:16
I notice that EI have to decided to end business class tickets on European flights from 2005. Not sure if it affects flights across the pond. They also state that they wish to withdraw from OW alliance.

Do you think they have been reading our latest reports on them[}:)]

Anybody else any news on this[?]
#39462 by colmc
25 Aug 2004, 15:43
Not a surpise at all. I'd imagine a "re-imagining" of their J-class transatlantic product will follow soon (some new seats, but less of them meaning more Y).

As for Oneworld? Well I don't think Oneworld will miss them all that much!

The big plan for EI seems to be to become a low-fares carrier with one class service for European flights, and two classes long haul (which rumour has it they want to expand into a low-cost long haul operation with DUB as a hub being fed by it's european flights - Australia, Far East plus an expanded USA service have been mentioned).
#39465 by Decker
25 Aug 2004, 16:26
Never see the point of Business on European flights ;)
#39475 by Jonathan
25 Aug 2004, 17:18
quote:Originally posted by Decker

other than more airmiles/TP you mean:D
#39481 by Decker
25 Aug 2004, 19:13
quote:Originally posted by Jonathan
quote:Originally posted by Decker

other than more airmiles/TP you mean:D

Well apart from the airmiles/TP what has Business European travel ever done for us? ;)
#39490 by honey lamb
25 Aug 2004, 21:32
Aer Lingus ended business class on all its domestic flights except those to LHR a couple of months ago (All Flights from Ireland to the UK are deemed domestic flights) and so it is a logical progression that they would end the service completely to Europe.

I have flown in Premier class on a number of occasions on a consolidated VS Upper Class ticket and as I said in my last trip report, basically what you get is a newspaper, a hot meal, (the last one was disgusting [xx(] ) complimentary drinks and first off the plane which is certainly not worth the price on a short hop to some of the destinations.

Personally I would much rather have the lower fares
Virgin Atlantic