For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#2675 by peternoble
22 Sep 2004, 14:30
Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Does anyone have any experience of this hotel. We are thinking about booking to get married here via Virgin Holidays in 2006 and would appreciate anyones experiences of Virgin Holidays / Weddings / this hotel and area.

Thanks in advance
peter
#41676 by fozzyo
22 Sep 2004, 14:56
Hey Peter,

We stayed in the Wyndham Orlando Resort on International Drive two years ago. I know its not same hotel but this one was really nice - we highly recommend it and are staying there next time we go to Orlando. It may be on Internation Drive but the layout of the hotel is such a way that you wouldn't know, its a lovely resort.

Wyndham as a chain from our experience are very good, I would suggest that if you stay at a Wyndham hotel you join their By Request program. We did and had an automatic room upgrade upon checkin.

If you are booking through Virgin Holidays but not flying Upper Class I would also suggest you ask them about buying a Clubhouse access ticket. I think they have limited availability, but if you can get in well worth it to start your wedding trip in style.

Congratulations on the engagement, and I hope you have a great wedding!

Foz xx
#41698 by buns
22 Sep 2004, 19:04
Peter

Have stayed at the Wyndaham Palace a few times now and can say that it has a lot going for it:

Has an excellent resturant on the top floor "Arthurs 27" - that is a little pricey but well worth it - with excelent views of the Magic Kingdom.

Although it has a shutlle bus service to the Disney Theme Parks, it also calls at other Lake BV hotels - we found crossing the road to the Disney bus station and hoping on their buses the best way of getting around.

The bus station is also where one of the entrances to the Disney centre of Pleasure Island etc is and here you will find excelent restaurants such a Fultons Crab House as well as many Disney shops.

the downsides are:

The rooms in the tower block are quite an odd shape and if you are not careful you might have a view overlooking the main freeway as opposed to the Magic Kingdom.

The hotel has a big convention centre attached so can be busy at times

hope that is of help

Buns
#41699 by mcuth
22 Sep 2004, 19:09
quote:Wyndham as a chain from our experience are very good, I would suggest that if you stay at a Wyndham hotel you join their By Request program. We did and had an automatic room upgrade upon checkin.

Yup, I can also confirm the above - Wyndham as a chain and the ByRequest program are pretty good. However, be aware that Wyndham have been selling off a lot of their property recently (including the one I usually use in SLC, which went to Prime Hotels [V])

Cheers

Michael
#41718 by peternoble
22 Sep 2004, 21:07
Thanks for your opinions.

Does anyone know how likely it is that if booked thru VH if we request a room on the Disney side of the hotel it would be for us to get it?

Also, does anyone have any experience of VH weddings - are they any good at organising everything?

Its much better to read first hand from peopl ewho have experienced these things rather than what the brochure says.

Thanx
Peter
#41732 by David
23 Sep 2004, 09:39
We booked a room here with VH after booking our flights with VA and got a superb room, I think 18th floor ?? facing downtown disney. If memory serves, it was something like an "evergreen room" which had never been smoked in, had water filters etc etc.

Great watching the sun rise over downtown.

Don't know if it helped that we are frequent virgins.

regards

David:)
#41750 by randalf
23 Sep 2004, 13:49
I don't know how relevant this will be if you're going to book via Virgin Holidays, but if you book with Syndham directly, their Webmatch offer is one to look out for.

I've got three nights booked in San Diego this October which I sorted out via their website, after which I submitted a Webmatch claim after finding that expedia.com did the same hotel and dates for 5 dollars less! Bottom line - daily rate matched *and* one of the nights is now free! It might be worth doing a little bit of research to see if you could get a better deal with a "DIY Holiday" compared to a VH packaged affair, although that might not be likely if you're looking at getting married there too!

As an aside, the missus and I got married in Vegas with a Virgin Holidays package, which was extremely well organised :)

Darryl
Virgin Atlantic