For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#42120 by buns
28 Sep 2004, 21:44
Kpen

not stayed at the Wyndham, but have expereinced the Tradewinds at St Petes.

The property is made up of three formerly seperate hotels so is a bit spralling. The one furthest away from the Reception (Breckinridge I think they call it) is in fact predominatly timeshare. This is where the main inside bar is and a resturant called Bermudas

If you go for a basic room be warned that they are very small, frequently do not have any views, other than a small window on to the balcony. The last time one of my family stayed there(with BA Holidays) I had to pay to upgrade the room to one that had an outward facing window overloking a car park.

The hotel frequently hosts conventions so the main lobby area always seems to be full and I have always gained the impression that these guests have priority.

If you are thinking of staying there check out the prices for the suites or rooms that have a "Gulf View" these are certainly the best to have if you can afford them.

St Petes beach is a great place as it is not overcrowded (like Clearwater can be) or overly expensive like the resorts further south on the Gulf Coast.

Hope this is of some help - please PM me if you want any more details

Buns