For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#7216 by p17blo
04 Aug 2005, 22:56
I am looking for a way to ship a set of Golf Clubs so that I can meet up with them in the US. In september I am off to Galveston for a week cruise before flying over to Orlando for another week. I don't want to have to take them with me to Galveston, keep them onbard the ship with me (have you see the size of those cabins?) and then carry them cross country by another flight.

Somewhere I saw an advert for specifically shipping golfclubs so you didn't have to transport them yourself.

Any ideas? I didn't really want to use Fedex or DHL as this is expensive.

Paul
#72199 by preiffer
04 Aug 2005, 23:15
Paul,

You can always send them as Unaccompanied Baggage with VS, link here.

You can [url=mailto:[email protected]]email them[/url] directly for a quote...?
#72226 by Scrooge
05 Aug 2005, 08:57
Paul,which ship are you on and which type of cabin?

Depending on what you booked you would be amazed at what you can fit in the cabin.
#72239 by p17blo
05 Aug 2005, 11:20
I am on Rhapsody of the Seas and am actually in an Owners Suite (which is massive in comparison to some) but it is still quite a hassle.

For information Virgin have come back to me with a price of £102, which is expensive in my opinion.

Paul
#72245 by Scrooge
05 Aug 2005, 11:40
there is plenty of room in the cabin for the clubs.When you come in the door there should be 2 closets to your left or right depending on which suite you have,these will hold a gold bag without a problem,also there is space between your couch and the doors to the balcony.

Just an idea,I know it's a hassel to drag the clubs with you,but it will be cheaper than sending them ahead.
#72271 by p17blo
05 Aug 2005, 15:59
Thanks for the advice on the room etc, but I think we may look to rent a set whilst out there (or I could always buy a new set....)

Thanks

Paul
#73336 by preiffer
15 Aug 2005, 15:35
Interesting timing, but VS have just issued a new offer with "First Luggage" for unaccompanied baggage.

Link is here, but needs logging into FC to view.

They don't look too cheap, in fairness, but do offer door to door. Full price list is here
Virgin Atlantic