For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#7247 by chafford andy
06 Aug 2005, 15:43
hi all i was just wondering if i use my virgin Atlantic credit card on my pay-pal account would i get the air miles as it is a form of cash transfer.
I was also thinking [i]this could open up new horizons of points earnings if you can and you have a trusted friend you could transfer to to your friends pay-pal account and get the points and then they could pay you back.
it,s just something i thought i would put into the ring as an off chance .
#72411 by buns
06 Aug 2005, 16:07
Andy

I seem to recall in the dim and distant past this idea cropping up as some bright spark had put something like this out on e-bay.

In most cases of CC earning miles, it is down to a merchant somewhre along the line coughing up the % to "pay" for your miles - I think the feeling was this was not a goer.

However, I may be proved wrong

buns
#72589 by jaguarpig
08 Aug 2005, 12:47
If you have 2 paypal accounts or pay a friend's account, it will work as the payment just shows up as paypal on your credit card statement and not a cash advance. There will be around a 3-5% fee applied to the receiving account.

Not very happy with paypal at the moment as they have lost £5.6K of my money when transferring to my bank account.To say their customer service is ****e is an understatement.Its been missing over a month now and they have done zilch.[:(!]
#72590 by Jonathan
08 Aug 2005, 12:58
This is possible and has been discussed here