For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#73113 by jaguarpig
12 Aug 2005, 16:11
Agree with Decker,I stopped flying BA in disgust with them when they dropped the old landor tail design for that scrawl(the one good thing that came from the debacle was Bob Ayling getting sacked).Must say I have drifted back over the last year because of some terrible VS experiences and they have been very good.VSs last chance in 12 days :D
#73127 by easygoingeezer
12 Aug 2005, 17:18
MMmmmm sad for BA, but I have no pride in them being our flag carrier, not after the crappy tactics they used to try scupper Sir Richard in the early days, read his book.

If anything Sir Richard personifies great britishness to me, a pioneer, an entre preneur and someone who dares to push the boundries of industry and commerse, along with a smile as opposed to a stuck up sneer.
#73133 by Kryten
12 Aug 2005, 18:05
Looks like BA staff are starting to return to work:

Click here

May start to ease the problems if this happens, will probably still take ~48 hours to return to normal though I would guess (maybe more)

No news on the GG staff though...

{preiffer - edited to shorten link}
#73193 by p17blo
13 Aug 2005, 12:07
Isn't there supposed to be some kind of new (or newish) passenger charter detailing passenger rights for delayed and canx flights? How does this compare to what BA are offering.

I need to get a copy of these rights so I can carry them with me. Anyone know where they are documented?

Paul
#73198 by mitchja
13 Aug 2005, 12:41
Paul

There is, but it does not cover delays caused by the following:

Weather
Strike action
ATC delays

As all these are deemed to be 'beyond control of the airline' which is their little get out clause of the new charter.

All BA are likely to be doing is booking pax on other flights or offering refunds.

Regards
#73668 by seany
18 Aug 2005, 01:31
Just got an e-mail update from BA.

"Although British Airways services into and out of London Heathrow continue to
operate as normal, we have limited onboard catering. There will be some catering
provided at the airport prior to departure, however, we are continuing to advise
passengers, especially those with special dietary requirements, to eat before
arriving at the airport."
#73675 by mcuth
18 Aug 2005, 08:00
Originally posted by sean modi

Just got the same email - I love how they started off with "As you are a valued customer to British Airways" - ROTFLMAO :D:D:D

Cheers

Michael
#73713 by Kryten
18 Aug 2005, 14:28
Originally posted by mcuth

Just got the same email - I love how they started off with "As you are a valued customer to British Airways" - ROTFLMAO :D:D:D

Cheers

Michael

Same here, quite funny really as I think I've only flown a few times with them in the last 3 years!
#73738 by mitchja
18 Aug 2005, 17:49
Originally posted by Kryten
Originally posted by mcuth

Cheers

Michael

Same here, quite funny really as I think I've only flown a few times with them in the last 3 years!

Likewise, I usually have to remind BA and ask then to send me a my new blue Exec Club card when the old one runs out - that's how often I fly BA!!!

However, BA are now going to get most (if not all) of my domestic flight business from now on.

Regards
#73740 by The_Banking_Scot
18 Aug 2005, 19:14
Hi,

I had to cancel my BA Club Europe/Domestic flights last weekend ( EDI-LHr-Cologne-LHR-EDI) due to the chaos at LHR and all EDI-LHR flights cancelled.

Today I got an email saying that my account would be credited with 50k miles ( enough for 2 upgrades from World Travellet Plus to Club) and the miles have posted to my account.
( The fare was also refunded last week to my credit card)

Regards

TBS
#73745 by Scrooge
18 Aug 2005, 19:35
Well im due to fly BA on Sept 7th LAX-LHR,if they don't have this mess sorted by then it will be a longtime before I step foot on a BA plane again.When I book and pay for a service I kind of expect to get it.
#73758 by honey lamb
18 Aug 2005, 23:50
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got the same email - I love how they started off with "As you are a valued customer to British Airways" - ROTFLMAO

I got the same email too. I haven't flown them since 2002 and only then because Aer Lingus had been on strike and I was rebooked on them. Can't remember when before then - although son flew LHR-CDG two years ago to the Paris Air Show
Virgin Atlantic