For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#7434 by RichardMannion
17 Aug 2005, 20:12
As you may know BMI changed their business model at the beginning of July. I've managed to obtain a copy of the TA briefing document to the changes that includes a very good matrix of the changes by the fare type, I've put it online in HTM format for you to view, and save down if your required. Some very distinct changes in there!

Pointed to the official version the document online by a helpful person at FT:

http://www.bmipromotions.com/changes/details.asp?bhcp=1

Thanks,
Richard
#73618 by newby
17 Aug 2005, 20:57
Thanks for that Richard that is really useful ;-)

I see they are pressing ahead with no lounge access for Gold Card holders on bmibaby and tiny fares as I thought........ I wonder if they will still allow lounge access to other *A member gold card holders on these fares.... I may have to try and status match again [8D]
#73683 by mike-smashing
18 Aug 2005, 10:08
What a complex set of rules. This is probably going to be confusing for the staff, never mind the passenger.

I too wonder about what happens if you're a *A Gold card holder - as far as you're concerned, you can use any Star lounge when departing on a member carrier.

Expectation management will be a big problem, and I wouldn't be surprised if this causes lots of confrontation between confused pax and staff.

What gets me is that full Star Alliance carriers are supposed to meet certain common service requirements, like lounges, priority baggage handling, levels of service, etc., so I'm wondering if these changes would affect BMI's Star Alliance membership?

I've personally been flying less and less with BMI during the past 12 months, instead preferring the convenience of flying out of London City when I can - before I'd fly BMI out of *A loyalty and to clock up the miles on my UA Mileage Plus card.

Cheers,
Mike
#73690 by colmc
18 Aug 2005, 10:56
No through check in on the same PNR if you're on baby or tiny fares. [:(!]

Well, I'm flying DUB - AMS via LHR in October, and they let me book it on the one ticket. No where in the booking process (that I can see) does it say this. If they don't through check, some ears will burn [}:)]

BMI's own website doesn't mention it, only that through check-in on seperate PNR's osn't allowed

Only passengers with flight itineraries issued on a single ticket with one booking reference will qualify for the through check-in service, subject to minimum connection times)