For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#7570 by sunny
25 Aug 2005, 00:17
There has just been a feature on Newsnight about JetBlue and their 'original' style of running a business. What really amazed me was that 91% of their employees were women and their annual turnover was only 3.25%!!.

Maybe companies in the UK could learn from their 'homesourcing' rather than our immensely popular outsourcing ;).
#74478 by Scrooge
25 Aug 2005, 03:07
Having flown them a number of times IMHO it's a great airline,they deliver what they say they are going to,decent seats,go IFE and they get you there on time and at a good price.
#74487 by NYCFlyer
25 Aug 2005, 08:47
Great article and very interesting.

Having travelled on JetBlue a couple of times I thought they fantastic. They had a value product that was delivered on-time with no-fuss and no queues either! On-board was just a different world in short haul travel, there's plenty of airlines out there who could learn a thing or two from these guys.

I rate them up there with VS and the airline who pays my salary too (I have to say that!).

Graham
#74629 by slinky09
26 Aug 2005, 00:04
Interesting ... by all accounts people who use JB like it, they say its basic, but the legroom is good, the service is low end but friendly, the flights are convenient and generally timely. In surveys JB seems to be the most favoured airline in the US at the moment ... maybe Virgin should have an alliance???
#74636 by colmc
26 Aug 2005, 00:44
I'm always surprised that someone here hasn't done a JetBlue. It would have cost FR or EZY a lot to refit all their planes, source and install IFE eytc, but if someone like EI had have done it while turning themselves LCC, they could have really found a niche- especially as they were investing in new aircraft anyway.
Virgin Atlantic