For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#921 by mitchja
19 Apr 2004, 01:50
I'll post a full trip report in due course but how's this for a delay from MAN - LHR this morning (Sunday 18th) - 2hrs!!!!!

Flight should have taken off at 06:35 - finally left at 08:40

Guess what the delay was down to - IFS phoned in sick and no other crew were adequatley trained.

BMI completley and utterly screwed up my trip to SFO [:(!]. Yes OK I made the VS flight but was unable to visit the LHR Clubhouse or even stop for a drink at LHR. I just made the VS19 flight, reached Virgin check-in at 10:15. If I had not been in Upper I would not have got on the flight. Had to run form T1 to T3, then to gate 40 - yes it just had to be the furthest gate away too. The standby IFS actually told me BMI have big cabin crew shortages at the moment. Letter going to Austin Reed on my return.

UCS did sort of make up for this on VS19. Trip report on it's way.

Regards
#29509 by Nottingham Nick
19 Apr 2004, 10:20
James

You have my sypmathies - missing out on the Clubhouse is not a good dtart to the trip.

Nick
#29533 by Bazz
19 Apr 2004, 18:02
BAd luck James, hope the return leg is better with a nice relaxing visit to the SFO Clubhouse and then LHR Revivals, by then your outward bound woes should be just distant memories! ;)
#29547 by The_Banking_Scot
19 Apr 2004, 20:00
Hi mitchja,

Sorry to hear about your bmi disaster but glsd you got your UCS flight.

I try whenever possible when flying out Long haul to come down to London the night before ,stay in a Hilton then head to the airport the next morning ( more time to spend in the clubhouse :D as well as extra Hilton HHonors points :)

Regards

TBS
#29559 by mitchja
19 Apr 2004, 22:11
Hi TBS

Yes I will be doing that for my next trip as both BA and BMI have now had 1Hr+ delays when flying from MAN-LHR

As I said though UCS did make up for this. Wow - it was bettter than I imagined it would be. Got an updated letter from SRB saying the tables were currently been updated and the new lights were 'waiting for approval'. Did of course play with all the seat controls most of the way there!!!! Seat went flat and back again with no probs - everyones seat did appear to be working correctly - most people were experimenting the same as I was :) - full trip report on it's way!!!!
#29585 by TJ
20 Apr 2004, 14:36
James, your BMI experience really does sound aweful [:(]

I agree with TBS, the Heathrow Hilton is a very nice and convenient place to stay before catching your flight the next day :)

Glad your UCS flight was good :D
Virgin Atlantic