Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#937641 by Bobtheboat
19 Aug 2017, 14:55
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
I can't say i am particularly impressed with uperclass, my sons girlfriends screen didnt work, my table was stuck, the breakfast was quite possibly the worst breakfast I have ever had anywhere, the breakfast was cold the sausage tasted unlike any sausage I have ever had the egg was rubberised with cheese on top, the bacon tasted funny. I like my breakfast but I left 85% of it the rest of my family also left theirs. When you turn the seat over to the bed its not unlike sleeping on the floor its that hard.
If this is the best Virgin can do then the other airlines dont have much to worry about.
Upside staff were cheerful helpful and apologetic.
#937642 by dickydotcom
19 Aug 2017, 16:24
Thanks for the TR.
It is many years since I had a cooked breakfast on board. Fruit salad and yogurt for me every time.
Breakfast is never a good meal, but it's a shame the rest of the flight wasn't up to standard.
Dick D
#937650 by TimCrawley
19 Aug 2017, 21:16
Niggling equipment faults can really spoil a flight (to be fair I've had screen / table / seat operation faults on BA, VS and KLM in the past two years so it's not just VS). It's obviously hard for all faults to be fixed on an 'away' leg if it happened on the outward flight from the UK but I think many airlines now struggle to fit in minor repairs 'back at base' now they are all having to work the metal so hard .... but that's not much consolation or compensation (ask for a few air miles if you weren't already offered some) when you're inconvenienced on a flight in any travel class let alone supposed premium products like Upper/Business/Premiere/First.

Maybe I'm viewing the breakfasts through rose-tinted glasses but I do think the cooked breakfasts used to be better on VS than they are now - enough of a change to drive me away from the full cooked breakfast towards just the cereal, yoghurt, croissant & a bacon roll (strictly as part of my calorie controlled diet!) and now actually being put off even the bacon roll after a VS LAX-LHR one that really tasted unpleasant. CH breakfasts have remained divine though.

Sorry your flight wasn't so good, saved only by a nice VS flight crew.
#937657 by buns
20 Aug 2017, 11:55
Thanks for the TR

As much as I have a love for the 747, (if it was not for that aircraft I would not have travelled the world) they are starting to show thier age - especially the VS Fleet that is being worked so hard :-(

Have agree about the food standards dropping

buns
Virgin Atlantic