Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#940847 by tomthumb
16 Jan 2018, 14:41
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Apologies for the lateness of this report and having lost the first draft I hope it won't happen with this one :-O

Well on an early Saturday Morning Mrs D and myself were transported to the North Terminal at Gatwick for our Annual gateway to Antigua

Getting to the Check In desk was straight forward and we were quickly dealt with by friendly staff and sent with our Priority Security Boarding cards in hand.

Security was quick and efficient an Mrs D was singled out for 'Special Treatment' and then we walked through 'Temptation Avenue' duty free. As nothing grabbed our fancy we went to the Club House and greeted by the friendly staff.

Mrs D booked her nails straight away and I booked a face massage. Ordered Breakfast and did some social media and a shout out from the club house. The team I work with were doing their weekend end working that day (hence when I booked the holiday :D ) and I gave them a quick video tour of the lounge which impressed them, and some other passengers also waved to them as well when I was doing the panning shots....

Breakfast, face massage and champagne - time just flies past and the CH did not have the feel of being busy at all..

Time to board and then the walk to the aircraft 'Diamond Girl' - seems when we got the gate we were some of the last to board. Straight down to seats 2A and 3A and we settled in. Cabin crew attentive and I was one if I could visit the flight deck quickly and had a picture taken and then back to my seat. No FSM working UC as they were further back. UC was full and some 202 souls on board with 3 flight crew (one additional trainee co-pilot).

Push back on time and then we headed out from the gloom to sunnier climes.

IFE was good and easy to use with plenty of films to watch - having had already checked which ones were available and I settled down to watch these and when lunch came ordered the Steak and Cheese and Biscuits. Plenty of snacks available at the bar and on one such visit got talking to some cabin crew - one of whom used to be a mixologist, who did some amazing cocktails which I should have filmed.

Before you know it, it is time to land and after a few circuits of the Island we came in to land and straight to the gate. Immigration straight forward and luggage pick up a breeze and then onto our hotel.

A very solid flight and some video footage below of our take off and landing

https://youtu.be/0_nd_5VSIjw
#940854 by hiljil
16 Jan 2018, 16:42
Thank you for the TR and in particular the video. I loved the view as you approached the island. I’m full of admiration as to how you kept the camera so steady on landing !