Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#940848 by tomthumb
16 Jan 2018, 15:03
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Well all good things must come to an end, and so it was with our Antiguan holiday.

Bit of a mix up with our transfers from the hotel back to the airport as we had two vehicles turn up for us, can't argue with that, but as both said they were being paid we were not that bothered and I felt it only right to tip the guy who was not taking us back as well....

Check in straight forward, with a minor wait and then through security which was very quick and a visit to the club house, not before I checked out the duty free shops (tobacco for a friend!!)

Lounge was very pleasant which killed an hour or so and then time to board.

Boarding was straight forward and offered a glass of bubbly as we got to our seats and again an attentive crew. There was a large group of 12 who had been split up, but all the passengers were happy to swap seats to keep the group together and also other couples who had been split up, and this was all initiated by the passengers :D

We were again travelling on Diamond Girl with a full UC Cabin and 210 passengers, with a flight time of 7 hrs and 39 minutes. 2 Flight Crew and 12 Cabin Crew.

IFE as good as before and I was able to finish off one of the movies and watched another and also get some sleep.

Food was good and I was just too full for breakfast when woken up before landing etc.

Landing was simple as was immigration and bag pick up. Out to the arrivals and our Limo driver was waiting for us and then the journey back home mid week during rush hour on the M25!!!
#940850 by marshy11
16 Jan 2018, 15:13
Thanks for the TR. I do like the lounge at ANU, such an improvement on the old one. Great to hear the pax all mucked in to sort the seating arrangements out, makes for a good atmosphere in the cabin when it goes well.

The problem with coming home is you need to be thinking of booking the next one!
#940855 by hiljil
16 Jan 2018, 16:46
Glad you had a good holiday and survived the M25 at rush hour. That always brings one back down to Earth with avengeance ! Thank you for the TR.
#940886 by pjh
17 Jan 2018, 17:52
Thanks for the TRs. Sounds like you had fun and the service was as it should be. I too like to tale about the self sorting passengers.

I enjoyed the video you shared on the outbound TR. Made me long for taking another Caribbean trip and having the warm air hit as the aircraft doors open...
Virgin Atlantic