Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240230 by ETOPS
25 Jan 2006, 17:25
Our long awaited flight to Cape Town last Sunday (15th Jan). Checked in on-line the night before and therefore had a simple check-in (although queues in regular lines were very short, even though our flight was overbooked) Had lounge passes to the Servisair lounge in Term.3. Better than the general departure lounge, but not a patch on the clubhouse I guess..

We were on Mustang Sally outbound and departed on time (give or take 10minutes) with a very long taxi out. We had V-port, so were happy! Dinner was served within 90 minutes of take off and cabin lights were dimmed shortly after. Only complaint was the uncomfortably hot cabin (we were at the 'back of the bus' 59 & 60 HJK) and could not sleep - even the cabin crew were complaining of the heat! Arrived in Sunny Cape Town just after 7am and were off quickly, despite being at the back. Immigration was slow and took us an hour to get through. Luggage was out when we got to the carousel and we were in the hire car and off to the winelands by 9am..

Return flight was on Birthday Girl and only about 90% full (shame as we were hoping to get offloaded! [:I]) This flight was long, as it leaves CPT at 0910 and therefore has no natural sleep time. Breakfast was served (hot) and there was only an ineddible ham roll until dinner 10 hrs into the flight. CRew were great though and we had v-port to keep us entertained. Arrival into LHR early and bags were off in good time.

Overall great flights, good service, dissappointing food but an amazing holiday - I'd recommend South Africa to everyone!
#329506 by tallprawn
25 Jan 2006, 18:28
Strange that cabin crew were complaining of the cabin temperature as they control it!!!

Saying that, BOS-LHR couple weeks back - FSM insisted on a ridiculously high temp as she thought it would sent everyone to sleep. Opposite effect, everyone complaining as they couldn't sleep.[:w][V]

You would think that VS have a standardised temps for crew to select on day or night sectors??? Is this the case??