Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240445 by Scorpio
02 Feb 2006, 17:34
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Took full advantage of the Check In Check Out service available at our hotel.

Was seated just behind PE, its a bulkhead seat on the 747 but very cramped.

Grumpy Cabin staff with a few exceptions.Took my infant to toilet and was in the middle of changing his nappy when lights came on for seatbelts.I opended the door to tell the stewardess i am just putting a new nappy on and she bauled at me telling me to get out now as there is no time to change son and to get back to my seat!Oh well tough if you smelt an odour in the air then.

Both wee ones slept about an hour into flight and that was them out for the countThe area were our seats were positioned are ideal as very quiet.

Passengers were awakended just before we had reached Gatwick with a roll & hot drink(hardly appetising).

Next time i travel (in Dec to BGI)I am flying without the kiddies In UC back PE and looking forward to being able to test all the classes with Virgin
#331496 by HighFlyer
02 Feb 2006, 18:04
Thanks for the TR

Sorry that the light didnt seem to be as good as it could have been. Quite often the return doesnt match the outbound as the passemgers and crew are headed home.

I am surprised at the crew member for reacting in the way they did over your changing your child in the toilet, certainly not the reaction i have ever had when i have been up and about when the seatbelt sign comes on, and i can only assume they were having a bad day or getting flustered over safety issues.

Fingers crossed that your faith in VS will be restored on your next flight ... when you get to try PE/UCS [:)]