Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240834 by MiloD
16 Feb 2006, 18:23
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
{Edited: HighFlyer - Edit to tidy TR title}

Have started a new role which entails regular travel to the US, I converted to Virgin from BA after a bad experience last April.

Flew to SFO with Virgin just before Christmas (will do report another time) and decided to try Premium Economy this time round.

Checked in on-line the day beofre and reserved my seat 71A on the Upper Deck. I had read the seat map and seat reports and this spot seemed pretty good.

Arrived at the airport and checked in my luggage with no problems at all, and went through Security and to the Servisair Lounge in T3 (I do not have access to the CH). Arrived at the gate in plenty of time and pre-boarding was nicely organized and clearly announced. Unfortunately selected for secondary security, but was still the first PE Passenger in the bubble.

Settled into my seat and made good use of the side bin for my laptop and stuff, and although it was the early 09:30 flight I took the champagne option when it was offered (won't kill me!).

Departed pretty much on time and V:Port was only pretty quickly. My next door neighbour was a first timer with Virgin so I helped with the controller when he asked, and he was amazed by the choice he had!

Had a very nice lunch of sausage and mash with some OK red wine and settled down to watch the Wallace & Gromit movie - very funny, recommend it.

Dozed for an hour or two and before I knew it we were heading down in to JFK.

The best bit about PE in the bubble is you leave the aircraft first with the UC passengers - what's the big deal? well arriving at the head of the queue at US immigration and through in 5 minutes is the big deal!!

All in all the decision I took to go PE was the right one, good seat, nice and quiet, great crew and overall an enhanced flying experience.
#334888 by Neil
16 Feb 2006, 19:47
Good TR - is it wrong to have champagne on the 09:30 flight? Im doing PE for 1st time soon and its the bit Im most looking forward too!

Neil
#334897 by MarkJ
16 Feb 2006, 20:21
It doesnt matter what time of day it is - Champagne is never wrong!!!

Pints of Guinness - now thats a different matter!!!!
#334919 by honey lamb
16 Feb 2006, 22:27
Originally posted by MarkJ
It doesnt matter what time of day it is - Champagne is never wrong!!!

Pints of Guinness - now thats a different matter!!!!

You've obviously never been in ORK or DUB first thing in the morning before the early flights leave! I have seen the flights to LHR and STN board and empty pint glasses of Guinness all over the place. [:0]

I do agree thoug, champagne is never wrong [:D]
#335239 by Mavrick
18 Feb 2006, 07:38
Good T.R. thank you [y] glad you had a good flight.[:)]
Virgin Atlantic