Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#241232 by papadoc
05 Mar 2006, 17:01
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
VS044 LAS to LGW 27th Feb 2006

After the fun and games on the flight on the way over on Friday, I was hoping for a quieter flight home.

Got to the airport just after mid-day, and finally found the VS desks tucked away in the far corner. I was checked-in in under 5mins and managed to change my seat to 75A so I had one of the exit row seats. Went through security and on to gate 3. The international departures of LAS is not the most exciting in the world, so grabbed a pizza to eat and then settled down and made myself comfortable for the 3 hour wait until boarding.

At about 1:35pm VS043 arrived at the gate. It was G-VLIP Hot Lips and she would be taking us home. Between 2:30 and 3pm the crew started arriving, and I was happy to see that it was the same ones that were on the flight out on Friday so hopefully we would have the same two ladies looking after us upstairs again.

Boarding started at 3:20pm and the priority boarding seemed to work smoothly. I settled into my seat and soon had my glass of champagne. There were a few other people who were on Fridays flight as well, and the stewardesses recognised most of us and enquired if we were all OK after Friday and hoped for a smoother return journey.

We left the gate at about 4:10, about 5mins late but then had a long taxi to the runway. We finally took of at about 4:35pm. Captain said we had a flight time of about 9hrs 40mins, so we were due to arrive at LGW at about 10:15. As soon at the seat belt lights were out the stewardesses were around with headphones, and then a couple of drinks rounds. Dinner was served about an hour into the flight. I had the beef casserole with rice which was quite nice and some cheescake. After this was cleared the lights were dimmed and I settled down and watched The Weather Man which was pretty good. After that finished there was nothing else that took my fancy so I tried to get a couple of hours kip. The flight itself was a little bumpy and the fasten seat belts sign came on quite a few times, but after Friday this was just beginners stuff! The flight home was a lot further south than the outward leg; we flew over the Great Lakes, Niagara and close to Boston.

About 90mins before landing the lights came back on and breakfast was served. We had an egg and cheese croissant, blueberry muffin, orange juice and some fruit. Plenty of tea and coffee was served. After this we started our descent into LGW.

We landed at about 10:15 and then had to long walk to immigration. Got through that fairly quickly but then had about a 25 min wait at the carrousel for my bag! It was then onto the GEX to get back to Paddington (via Victoria) and then another 5 hour train journey back home to West Wales.

Overall, another great trip. Vegas was as great as ever (even won $600 after breakfast on the Monday morning which helped offset my other losses over the weekend[:D]) the NY-NY hotel was good and the flights with VS were excellent, great crew, just the Nova system that was the only downside.

Roll on April for my flight to IAD.
#338588 by HighFlyer
05 Mar 2006, 18:14
Thanks for a fab TR, glad you had a good flight and even got lucky in Vegas! Superb!

Thanks,
Sarah
#338615 by Decker
05 Mar 2006, 19:24
Exit Row seats! Excellent - if the Bubble is the Holy Grail of VS PE flying then the Exit Seats are the Holy Grail of the Bubble! After your outgoing I'm sure you're an old hand at these minor 'bumps'. I have a mental image of you reassuring other pax - 'you call these bumps? Let me tell you about BUMPS'...

Thanks for the TR!
#338632 by buns
05 Mar 2006, 19:46
Papadoc

Thanks for the TR[y][y]

I was happy to see that it was the same ones that were on the flight out on Friday so hopefully we would have the same two ladies looking after us upstairs again

Did this materalise??

We had an egg and cheese croissant

That sounds really yummy - I will look out for that next time[;)][;)]

BTW, well done on breaking even in vegas[:D][:D]
#338653 by papadoc
05 Mar 2006, 20:06
Thanks for the replys.

And yes buns, it was the same two ladies looking after us on the way back.
#338795 by Mavrick
06 Mar 2006, 10:37
Thanks for the TR, glad you had a good flight. [y]
Virgin Atlantic