Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#241477 by zambandit
16 Mar 2006, 13:14
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Just got back on the VS 602 this am - so will do that report separately, later.

Had a D class ticket, so was collected by the obligatory Volvo S80 at 16h30 on the dot. 1 Hour to LHR from London, SW19 - drive thru check in had my pre allocated seat (4K). Was informed that when i arrived at JNB the car would be taking me to X address - which was in fact the address i was being collected from in JNB!! I was told that i could correct the details when i got to the Clubhouse.
Fast track was actually 'slow Track' with only 1 scanner being used!
In the Clubhouse i had a haircut booked for 18h30 which was swiftly changed to 18h10.
The clubhouse confirmed the correct address to be taken to in JNB - so the Drive Thru got it wrong - no real issue though.
I decided to eat in the Clubhouse and ordered a Burger and Chips!!
The menu is really extensive and i can't ever recall a lounge anywhere in the world where there is so much choice on the food front! To me, the best lounge food in the world![:D]
Boarding started at around 19h00 for a 20h05 departure - loads in economy were very light (less than 100 pax), but PE and UC were nearly full.
Gate 42 is quite a trek - saw the plane was Madame Butterfly. As the loads were light, the UC and premium boarding was not really a factor for this flight.
Sat down at 19h20 and was offered Champagne which i duly accepted.
Push back was at 20h07 and take off at 20h30.
Only 2 seats in UC empty - the two facing the loo (i think 1 and 2 D).

The IFBT issued the OB Kits and offered treatments in flight.
VPort was turned on at 21h15 after repeated requests from other passengers!
I only ordered a selection of cheese and a glass of Shiraz which was pretty good.
The flight was pretty bumpy too.
Woke for breakfast and requested the full cooked option. I am afraid it was served in record time but stone cold!!The scambled eggs were dry, the bacon & mushrooms were cold and the sausage had some latent heat left in it - when you compare it to the great Clubhouse food offer - this must rate amongst the worst premium / business cabin food on board!!.[:(]
To be honest i should have said something, but didn't want to!!

V port was turned off between an hr and 45mins before landing - without even being able to access sky map (which is a pain)
The FSM was not visible during the flight and i had to ask for a copy of Carlos. Not a big deal, but it is always nice to be introduced and have a quick chat with the FSM.
We arrived about 30 mins early - no queues for customs.
Bags came off after about a 15- 20 min wait. Connecting flight bags, followed by staff bags then UC bags.
VAA contracted driver was ready and waiting to whisk me away!!
All in all a good flight- just the breakfast was poor (my fault for not complaining!)

I will do the trip report for the return leg a bit later.
Cheers
Zambandit
#341365 by Scrooge
16 Mar 2006, 13:21
Thanks for the TR,sorry to hear about the breakfast,I would of said something,the crew would of fixed it.

It's a funny thing,I did a couple of flights on Frontier last month and they had there IFE going non stop which made a nice change.
#341380 by Mavrick
16 Mar 2006, 13:56
Cool TR,Thank you.[y] shame about the breakfast [:(]
#341498 by Richard28
16 Mar 2006, 20:28
Thanks for the TR!

It would be nice if V:Port could be switched on asap after rotation, and as you say, at least have sky map showing for the decent.

not good news on the food....