Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#242134 by David_C_H_1
15 Apr 2006, 23:45
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Great start to the trip, I got an out of the blue upgrade from Y to PE, and the much coveted seat 70C to boot. That almost make up for Avis crediting my car rental to my BA account instead of my FC account. I asked them if they could change it but no, computer says 'can't be bothered'.

I'm now typing this in the rather drab Nortwestern lounge, mind you, things were enlivened until 5 mins ago by an American gentleman who was reading all kinds of stuff from his newspaper out loud to his wife, much to her embarrassment and annoyance,[V] and the amusement of myself & others. I'm glad he's not on VS12 tonight.

The drabness & greyness of this lounge is compensated to quite an extent by

A) the very nice VS lady handing out newspapers, food etc.[:D]

B) The outward-facing beer tap on the bar, just help yourself.[y]

OK, now to the flight..

The flight boarded more or less on time after a very noisy interlude starring an alarmed door at gate 8A which showed off its alarm very well. It was the usual unruly scrum.

Walked through the now silent door and stepped onto Tubular Belle. Seat 70C was located and sat in. Champagne was proffered, accepted & consumed. Push back dead on time, very smooth & swift trip back, got a little nap aided by 2 VERY good measures of brandy from the B n' B service after eschewing the offered Y meal (I hate that BBQ chicken[:$])
The V.Port behaved impeccably, unlike on my outbound flight. The flight attendants were very nice & chatty, very welcoming when I made forays to the galley for mid flight refreshments.

Landing was super smooth & half an hour early. The queue for UK immigration was absolutely horrendous, I began to wish I was a furriner [:)]

The baggage took ages to come out, and the reclaim hall was a seething mass of bleary humanity.

Then off to Revivals where I had a lovely shower, lots of nice smelling Cowshed potions & huge fluffy towels, then the first real bacon for 2 weeks. mmmmm bacon.[^]

Went outside, got the bus to the car park, drove home!

All in all a well above average trip, I wish they were all this good.

FIN
#347135 by Richard28
15 Apr 2006, 23:58
have a great flight!
A) the very nice VS lady handing out newspapers, food etc.

Can I ask how does the VS lady know which passengers are flying on VS, or do all passengers in the lounge benefit!?
#347138 by GatorBaiter
16 Apr 2006, 00:49
Jammy upgrade!!!

And that lounge is awful, isn't it? [xx(]
#347146 by Scrooge
16 Apr 2006, 07:06
op up....sweet [y]
#347153 by MarkJ
16 Apr 2006, 08:59
Yes - sweet on the Op Up - do you have any idea why you were? I always ask out of interest!!
#347155 by GatorBaiter
16 Apr 2006, 09:00
Yeah and I'm certainly miffed that I'd paid both ways [:(!], but of course chuffed for you as a fellow V-Flyer [y]
#347299 by David_C_H_1
17 Apr 2006, 02:51
Yes - sweet on the Op Up - do you have any idea why you were? I always ask out of interest!!

No idea at all, but the people behind me were op-upped as well. Its a pretty rare thing in my experience and always welcome.

Can I ask how does the VS lady know which passengers are flying on VS, or do all passengers in the lounge benefit!?

The food didn't appear until all the folk from other airlines had boarded. It was a buffet with things like the ubiquitous Chowdah, strange American imitations of cheeses, crab cakes, salads etc. Much better tha the Y food on the plane though.
Virgin Atlantic