Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#242353 by JO5H777
24 Apr 2006, 18:05
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
our taxi arrived at 6am sharp to take us to the airport and the journey only lasted about 1 hour[:)] we entered a very hectic terminal 2 and proceeded to the virgin check-in desks, the staff were excellent and gave a good first impression. they were advertising an offer to upgrade to PE for only 179 one-way per person so we thought we'd go for it however PE was fully booked and there wern't enough seats in upper class for all of our party so we just left it.
after browsing around the duty free shops we proceeded to gate 210 for boarding. after a lenghtly wait at the gate priority boarding started at 09:50 swiftly followed by the rest soon after. we were sat down comfortably on 'barbarella' by 10:15, i was seated on 41C, first impressions - not a bad seat, decent recline and legroom (but i'n only 5ft 10 at the mo) after waiting on the ground for about 35 mins we were informed that the immigration forms hadn't been put onboard, so we would have to go without them and fill them in at the airport.[n] we pushed back just before 11:00 and took off soon after, the entertainment system started just after take-off however wasn't as good as i thought - would like to see what the v-port system is like! however was sufficent enough for this flight. most of the cabin crew seemed nice however one imparticular seemed fairly arrogant and had no manners[V] they never seemed to dissapear for any large amount of time any dealed appropriately and quickly to the requests of passengers. there were 2 drinks services and a duty free run with the meal service in-between however i was only given one choice by the time it reached my seat, not bad as it would of being my choice - sausage 'n' mash - v nice actually. we were given a snack about an hour before landing which was adequate enough. the amenity kits seemed to have no use at all and have definietly gone down hill,the only use is the bag itself for the beach!
overall a pleasant experience with virgin but nothing special 8/10[:)]

{edited:mitchja - to add Flight number to title to show map}
#348966 by Jonathan
24 Apr 2006, 19:44
Thanks for the TR Josh - its always good to read a few MAN ones!!

At LHR and LGW They've always given me an imigration card/customs card at checkin - maybe they do things differently at Manchester?
#350408 by adamjswift
02 May 2006, 18:52
Nice report!
Great to see some ECONOMY reports out there! Seems to get neglected in the reviews!
#350421 by Nottingham Nick
02 May 2006, 19:19
Thanks for the first MAN - BGI TR in economy, there are now three TRs in the 'library' for this route, with JAT47L's.... one in each cabin. [:D][:D]

For me, the more TRs the better, though we could do with more from Y pax.[;)][;)]

Nick