Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#242481 by Airbus340
01 May 2006, 17:25
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
VS 024
LHR-LAX
G-VNAP (Sleeping beauty)
Seats 3-7K

This is my first TP!

Arrived at LHR at around 11.30 to ensure we had plenty of time in the clubhouse! I had checked in the night before to make sure I got our seats, so off the upper class check-in where we walked straight up to a desk, where a very helpful lady put our bags through and sent us off to fast track. Fast track was very quick with a queue of around 10 people or less.
After wandering around departures for a few minutes we found the Clubhouse, made the grand entrance up the stairs where one of the great staff members signed our names off and showed us around the Clubhouse. This was my first UC experience so I was in awe off the clubhouse. We ate at the Brassiere before we did anything else I had the clubhouse burger which was really nice and done perfectly followed by white chocolate cheesecake witch as the lady said was to die for. Wandered around the clubhouse for a while and noticed still no furniture outside in the small viewing area. About half an hour later I noticed the sky lounge was closed but three people were up there. I then sat in one of the swinging bubble chairs until boarding was called.
Here's a few pics:

When we were sat there an announcement was made that VS 250 was delayed due to crews final checks, about 10 minutes later the same announcement was made for our flight VS023. 10 minutes later our flight was called so we proceeded to out gat witch was right at the end of T3. Priority boarding was clearly signed. As we boarded I was shown where my seat was and was quickly asked what I wanted to drink. G-VNAP is still looking almost new and every thing was working. UCS in seat position is very comfy.The FSM was brilliant and came around to talk to every one individually. We pushed bad a bit late and then had to wait for a long time to take off because of storms. We took off about 1 hour late, about a minute after take off there was a big flash in the cabin the captain told us that we hit static electricity, he told us it was nothing to worry bout because they had checked all their systems and they were all fine so we could carry on to LAX. Just after take off amenity kits were handed out and I asked for a sleep suit.
On our flight was Pricilla Presley in 2K witch was only a few seats down form me.
After the seat belt sign went off I went over to the bar where a great crew were there to have a chat, the bar is a great idea because you meet a lot of people you wouldnt if you stayed in your seat all the time.
A bit later the crew took our orders for lunch:
To start:
I had the salmon which was very nice.
Main course:
I had chicken tikka which was also nice.
For dessert:
I had rhubarb crumble which was a bit cold but tasty.
For a lot off the flight I was at the bar due to the friendly and funny crew we had.
V: PORT is really good with a huge selection, the last IFE I used was Arcadia so I thought V: PORT was amazing, I watched flight plan then which took me to about 3 hrs before lading so back to the bar, about 2 hours before landing one of the crew asked everyone at the bar if they wanted to have afternoon tea at the bar which was a really good idea.[:D]
The bar:

An hour before landing I sat back down to prepare me and my seat for landing. V:PORT was switched off 15 minutes before landing just after the seat belt signs came on, taxied to the gate where I think we arrived almost on time.
Crew waved us off said thanks and off we went.
My first UC experience was really good, the seat in both seat position and bed position is really comfy.[y]
All in all itr was a great flight with a great crew[y]
Thanks for reading,
Chris
#350221 by GatorBaiter
01 May 2006, 17:37
Great first TR [y]

Glad you had a good CH and flight experience.
#350224 by tallprawn
01 May 2006, 18:04
Great insight Chris, thanks very much - Glad you enjoyed the experience...... [:D]
#350239 by mcuth
01 May 2006, 19:39
Thanks for a great first TR Chris [y]

Originally posted by Airbus340
(How do i get photos on here??[?])

See 'Q: How do I add images to my posts?' in this thread [:)]

Cheers

Michael
#350241 by MarkJ
01 May 2006, 19:55
Excellent First Report - and yeah I agree abotu the bar - it seems to be THE place to meet new people on a flight!!!
#350253 by Airbus340
01 May 2006, 20:44
Originally posted by mcuth
Thanks for a great first TR Chris [y]

Originally posted by Airbus340
(How do i get photos on here??[?])

See 'Q: How do I add images to my posts?' in this thread [:)]

Cheers

Michael

Thanks ill try and do that later

Cheers,
Chris
#350305 by Mavrick
02 May 2006, 08:30
Great TR, [y]
#350403 by Jonathan
02 May 2006, 18:42
Good to have a first time TR thanks Airbus340

You werent tempted to use the jacuzi etc..?
#350462 by Airbus340
02 May 2006, 21:17
Originally posted by Jonathan
Good to have a first time TR thanks Airbus340

You werent tempted to use the jacuzi etc..?

I went to have a look and was tempted but i forgot to put my shorts into my hand luggage[:I]although it did look very nice[:D]
Virgin Atlantic