Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#242603 by Mavrick
06 May 2006, 19:30
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
VS 023
LHR-LAX
G-VFOX (Silver Lady)
Seats 7K

This is my very first T.R. I thought I would do my bit like everybody else so I hope you all enjoy it.[:)]

Arrive at the upper check in to find a group of American, in front of me they seems to be coming from a cruise and was giving all sorts of trouble trying to sort out their seating arrangements anyway I, was pulled off by 2 VS staff to use the P.E. check in to the dismay of the people standing in the P.E. line but check in was quick and the young lady was very apologetic for my wait boarding pass in hand and it was off to slow track waited in line for 20 minutes and they must have been at least 30 people in the queue and it was just getting longer behind me anyway hang around listening to all the moaning then they finally open up another x-ray machine then the line started to move a lot more quickly why didnt they just do this in the first place instead of waiting for such huge queue to build up is beyond me. Anyway made a diversion to duty free to pick up some cologne then its off to the clubhouse which is pretty busy anyway relax with a drink had some lunch and a few glass of champagne then it was off to get my fine farm hand which is pretty cool then off to watch the multi screen where they was a programme on about virgin galactic after that tried to log on to V-Flyer but those laptops seem to take forever to load a page some got fed up and had a game of pool which was cool. The flight was called at 14:30 then headed off to gate 7 when I got there to my surprise they flight was already boarded with only the clubhouse passengers and a few econ. still arriving after quick passport check and a couple of questions from the security guy then it was straight on board to seat 7K as always and as soon as I put my bags on the seat to take out what I needed for the flight a young lady came over and offered me a drink with everything all stored I was just sitting there watching the final few boarding then the IFBT, came around making a list of passenger that wanted a massage. Upper was full with not a empty seat in sight pushback was a couple of minutes early then airborne at 15:10. Just after take off the FSM, came around handing out amenity kit and introducing herself when she got to me she call me by my last name and it turned out she remember me from my flight last month to BOS which was cool [y] anyway chatted to her for a few minutes ask her about the load and she said P.E. was also full with 39 in economy. Food was good entertainment was good and overall the service was very good with very attentive flight attendant. Landed in LAX at 17:47pm but had to wait on the tarmac for a Hawaiian air to depart before we could get on the stand the flight deck crew was very good with keeping us informed but we couldnt complain as we had arrived early eventually got on stand at 18:27pm and straight to a empty immigration hall I was called over straight away and through within a few minutes which was pretty quick, waited for about 7 minutes then bags started to rolling off mine was the 5th off overall a very good flight and service and just confirm why I love flying this Great British airline thank you Virgin. [y] [y]
#351301 by buns
06 May 2006, 19:55
Maverick

Thanks on your inagugural TR which was an interesting read[y][y]

I was pulled off by 2 VS staff to use the P.E. check in to the dismay of the people standing in the P.E. line

LOL - nice when that sort of thing happens - good on the check in staff I say[y]

Thanks once again
#351308 by GatorBaiter
06 May 2006, 20:34
Enjoyed reading your TR [y] More of the same, please! [;)]
#351315 by Richard28
06 May 2006, 20:57
Thanks for the TR Mavrick [y]

Glad you had a good flight!
#351319 by JAT74L
06 May 2006, 21:31
Cheers for the TR and pics Mavrick.

Regards

John
#351323 by Nottingham Nick
06 May 2006, 21:38
Great TR, thanks mavrick [y][y]

Sorry to hear that the internet connection in the new CH isn't much better than it was before the extension opened. [n]

The rest of your experience seems fime though, it does make a difference when the FSM takes time out to chat. [y]

Nick
#351325 by rcslt
06 May 2006, 21:43
Nice TR, hope I get to use the new LHR CH soon[ii]
#351369 by ChuckC
06 May 2006, 23:44
mavrick,
Thanks for your report. Loved your reference to 'slow track'. I haven't yet experienced this problem in London but will be visiting in a few weeks -- I'll let you know what happens!

Chuck-
#351385 by honey lamb
07 May 2006, 01:16
Great TR, mavrick [y] Keep 'em coming

Hope the twins arrive on time also. Let us know when they land [:D]
#351388 by andy.g
07 May 2006, 01:33
Enjoyed reading your first TR mavrick, hope I can do as well with my first in august[y]
#351413 by Jonathan
07 May 2006, 10:45
Nice first TR mavrick,

Keep em comming [:)]
#351624 by willd
08 May 2006, 09:37
39 in Y!!!

They must have had a lovely time with 3 seats each!!!
#351652 by McCoy
08 May 2006, 12:32
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Sorry to hear that the internet connection in the new CH isn't much better than it was before the extension opened. [n]
I used one of their laptops in LHR CH two weeks ago, and it worked excellently. Fast... no hang-ups.. and automatically deletes all your cookies/tempfiles etc at the end of the session. Got lucky I guess..!
#352002 by Mavrick
09 May 2006, 23:48
Thank you all for the best wishes I'll, let you all know when the 2 new V-F toddlers arrives. [y] [:D]
#352004 by Scrooge
09 May 2006, 23:55
Originally posted by mavrick
Thank you all for the best wishes I'll, let you all know when the 2 new V-F toddlers arrives. [y] [:D]

Well congrat's in advance....just remember,when she scream's it's all your fault..agree with her..hell agree with her no matter what she say's [:D]
#352289 by n/a
11 May 2006, 19:02
This TR is fun to read in the voice of Vickie Pollard. Hope you have many more UC adventures!
#352544 by VS045
12 May 2006, 19:31
Nice TR![y]

This TR is fun to read in the voice of Vickie Pollard. Hope you have many more UC adventures!

Just re-read the TR with your suggestion[;)][}:)]

VS.
Virgin Atlantic