Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#243087 by Jonathan
29 May 2006, 22:58
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Greetings fellow V-Flyers - appologies for the delay in posting this but ive been offline in West Virginia for serveral days..
Also additional appologies for length..

Plane V-Fox (Silver Lady) load 246 pax

This TR is a bit unusual in that most Au's dont seem to fly Y often - I got a great deal on a trip so booked it and wasnt disapointed.

The only unpleasant bit was getting to LHR!
I live in East London so its always a trek to get to the airport. I arrived at about 08:20 and checked in straight away. I tried the online option but kept getting a sorry error message so went to the UC desk anyway

I apparently was checked in despite the message 45G was the seat.

I made my way to the CH and left my shoes to be shined and my hand luggage in the cloakroom.

I had the scrambled egg and salmon option which was very tastey with OJ and black coffee.

I then lounged around - no pun intended and checked out all the different bits of the CH (inc the jag on the roof terrace)

It was then time for my treatment - I had prebooked a haircut and the lady asked me how I wanted it - I answered inspire me (as I really wanted a change) She smiled and said great an image makeover and started chopping[:0] Apparently there are few souls as brave as me so she enjoyed the free reign!

About 30 mins later I had a new cut! It was much shorter and the expression she used was a messed up look..I liked it!

I asked her to wax me etc after I showered as I hate having hair in my clothes when flying.

After a refreshing shower I was rewaxed! - I still liked the look so spend 16 pounds on the styling wax she used.

I then hit the bar and had a few shampoos (as the barman called them!)
I felt sufficently brave enough to an mcuth blue (but forgot to get the ingredients[:I]) The barman inprovised with something gin based and blue!

Micheal then returned my call and gave me the full list!
the second blue drink was much stronger and was the last drink in the CH.

Feeling warm inside[:I] I made my way to the gate and boarded
I got to my seat and was met by the CSS - who inroduced herself[:D]

Also the FSM allowed me to carry the wheelchair onboard - this saves so much time at the other end![y]

Take off was ontime and I was offered a glass of Champagne - Is this a new Au thing? Others weren't offered this in Y.

V-port was inopperative for about a half of the flight so I had to make my own entertainment!
Fortunately I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely lady by the name of Doris English. At 76 she is an amazing character - she has been a sheriff, Mayor and Dept Mayor of Lichfield, she is still a councillor I believe! We had a great chat for several hours and it was a real pleasure to talk to her. She was in a party of 18 (they were visiting the Whitehouse and the British Ambassador) I gave her a v-flyer card and she has promised to read the site[:D]

The service of the crew was almost flawless - one crewmember was on her 2nd flight with VS and was very personable and helpfull - I asked the FSM for a heros form as I felt she deserved recognition.

The whole crew were great - I was impressed with how the CSS dealt with a complaint - a lady near me seemed to have a bee in her bonnet and complained that one of the crew was racist[:0] Whilst she did get missed out on the ice cream run - I couldnt see any racism; in fact the man next to me was african, with two asians to the right isle. If racism was present I think I'd have been aware of it. The CSS spend serveral minutes discussing her concerns and defused the situation expertly.

This was the shortest long flight Ive been on - and although V-port eventually kicked in I never needed to use it as my fellow pax were all so interersting and from very mixed backgrounds!

Upon landing at IAD I waited til last as is the norm (with a wheelchair) and made my way to immigration. The crew all thanked me and said I was a very nice paassenger and why arent they all like me! I almost blushed!![:I]

Anyway made it through immigration and customs in about 20 mins and was met my my friend who has just moved to Martinsburg WV.

A great flight in all - possibly one of the best in Y ive had - mostly due to my fellow pax and a tremendous crew

I'm in the IAD lounge now and may not be flying home (as the flight is overbooked)

Sorry again for length and thanks for reading!
#355207 by mike-smashing
29 May 2006, 23:28
Good to see another Y TR!

Doesn't sound like a bad flight at all, and it seems that VS were on top form... hope they can keep up the good work.

Good luck getting back to Blighty! Maybe they can give you an op-up? [;)]

Cheers!
Mike
#355208 by Jonathan
29 May 2006, 23:44
Thanks Mike,

All Classes are full/overbooked so no op-up still 50K miles for a cheap seat isnt bad at all! - I'll know soon!
#355214 by Decker
30 May 2006, 00:26
Jonathan

Thanks for a fresh report! The racism thing sounds a little weird. Look forward to hearing the outcome of the VDB,
#355215 by preiffer
30 May 2006, 00:31
Umm...

I asked her to wax me etc after I showered as I hate having hair in my clothes when flying.
[:0][:p]
Virgin Atlantic