Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#243095 by Jonathan
30 May 2006, 13:57
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Greetings from Blighty!

Plane Indian Princess

Load Heavy

Those of you that were kind enough to read my previous TR will be aware my flight was seriously overbooked. The check in agent told me that the whole flight was full - but actually Y,W were 110% with about 50% available in J.

I was waiting in the lounge till about 18:10 - the flight was due to go - but was delayed due the load and luggage offloading etc.

I didn't know if I'd be flying or not and then at the last moment The CH receptionist got a call - and said to me 'your on the flight'

Knowing how full Y was this wasn't the answer I wanted..after all even though I can sleep overnight in Y on a heavy load the noise etc always disturbs. I'd have much rather had the 50K etc and fly tomorrow

But then something magical happened rather like charlie and the chocolate factory - I got a golden ticket (well purple Boarding pass![:D][:D][:D][:D])

I've been op-uped before but never a double bump on an N ticket.

The seat was 2D - But I moved around a bit anyway as had issues with tables etc

There were 26 occupied seats in UC - I checked the manefest and there were only 2 Golds onboard (for some reason it was on my seat on landing!)

I had a big lunch in DC so didnt try any of the dinner options. I had a desert in the lounge and that kept me full until breakfast.

After take off I sat at the bar for a bit and after a couple of whiskeys I slept untill about 30 mins from LHR

I was pleased to still be offered breakfast dispite being so close to landing.

I fast tracked through immigration - even the EU queue was very long

fortunately the showers were hot in rivivals! I had a shower then a shave treatment[:D]

Two work colleagues had just flown in from SA so I upsized their limo to an estate car and shared the ride to the office!!

All in all great value for a N fare!!
#355265 by mcmbenjamin
30 May 2006, 14:53
From the lowest Econ booking class to UCS - Wow.
#355269 by MarkJ
30 May 2006, 15:09
Jammy!!!! [}:)][:D][:D][:D]

But deserved!![y]
#355270 by Jonathan
30 May 2006, 15:09
Indeed - I couldn't really say - thats OK I'll fly tomorrow..

I think thats one reason above all others to be a Gold holder!