Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#243828 by Boyle73
10 Jul 2006, 15:00
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in writing this TR. Hope its ok its my first TR and I have a tendency to waffle so Ive tried my best to be brief.

I had used the OLCI at work on the Thursday morning (really the only bit of work I did on the day!) and then travelled over to Manchester later that afternoon.

We (husband & I) arrived at our hotel (the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza) around 6.30 pm and immediately dumped our bags into the room and grabbed a taxi to a local pub called the Romper for a very tasty meal. It was a lovely evening so we sat in the pubs beer garden and decided during our nice meal and lots of drinks that we would enquire about upgrading to PE.

The next morning we didnt rush over to the terminal, I think we arrived around 8am, by which time the queues for the Virgin desks were HUGE and the noise was awful. We walked over to the VS desk and thankfully they had an offer for 199 each for PE with seats available in the bubble (YES!)

The VS agent on the desk was lovely and so friendly and we had a really good chat with her whilst the payment was going through. She commented on the number of children that were booked on that flight so we should enjoy some peace and quiet and it would be money well spent!

We were directed over to the PE check in where unfortunately the lady on check in wasnt as cheery or friendly as the VS agent nor did she smile at any point we were standing there, I know its early but come one!!

We wandered around duty free and the various shops and it didnt take long for us to be called so we happily bounced along to our gate number and then onto Pretty Lady and upstairs to seats 78 H & K.

From here our entire journey was simply just a joy, we enjoyed our champagne and in no time we were off, sorry I have no idea from what runway, which direction or even what time, we just sat there enjoying everything.

The drinks & food service commenced very quickly and our options for lunch were Mushroom Risotto, Beef Stew/Veg and Chicken with penne pasta. I am not a vegetarian but do love risotto and was kind of mindful of peoples comments about the food but couldnt remember any negative comments about the risotto so chose that and thoroughly enjoyed it. The husband had the beef stew and said it was good too.

The other items on the tray was pasta salad with olives, mint & tomatoes (tasty) the obligatory cheese ok) and a GU chocolate mouse (lovely)

The staff continued to serve drinks regularly (including the baileys and brandy run) until after the duty free service. They then left a variety of soft drinks / water on a ledge at the top of the stairs which I did take advantage of regularly as I enjoyed the wine a bit to much during dinner.

The rest of the flight went very quickly, watched Brokeback Mountain and then bits of pieces of other films as by the time it finished other films had restarted and that would be my only gripe of the flight, which isnt bad really??

Our bags came off quickly both times and I also spotted a Black V-Flyer tag but wasnt aware anybody else was flying on our flight so whoever you are hope you enjoyed the flight as much as we did.

Our flight home.. different to say the least but it does have a silver lining, I will do a TR as soon as possible.
#361839 by Mavrick
10 Jul 2006, 16:31
Thank you Boyle73 for a nice 1st TR, I'm glad you had a good flight. [y] [:)]