Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#244215 by jilly
01 Aug 2006, 17:16
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Just a short TR but worth posting as it was a first in Y for me for quite a while.

Another Au HH upgrade at the LGW Hilton (that's 4 in a row)made a very pleasant stay, though they were having problems as their computer systems were down and no rooms could be allocated. I avoided this by taking myself up the lounge and the receptionist managed to manually check my into my room. The hotel was in absolute chaos all afternoon and evening and many guests were complaining.

Arrived at twilight check-in and unfortunately the majority of our party had got stuck on the M4 and didn't arrive in time, I had decided to take the train earlier in the day and my husband works at Euston. However, myself and my husband decided to secure our seats anyway. The agent was most surly and when I asked for my one small bag to be prioritised she said 'why'- I told her I was a AU card member as per the tag on my bag and she said 'oh the men downstairs do that'. Needless to say the bag wasn't tagged and unfortunately it was the last one to arrive in MCO.[n]

I chose one of my closest friends, whose 50th birthday we were celebrating whilst away, to accompany me in the lounge and left the rest of party suffering[}:)] I hadn't booked a treatment for myself but asked for a manicure for my friend which she enjoyed immensely. We did try a couple of cocktails and of course the champagne before we left.

I pre-boarded to gain some luggage space for our party and on boarding the FSM recognised me from my outward flight in June. She asked if I was travelling alone (maybe I could have got that elusive upgrade)but I said I wasn't. She asked to CSS to serve me champagne which was gratefully received.

The flight was uneventful although the seats were noticebly tight (rows 26, 27) but I had no complaints about the food or the service. The FSM brought us extra drinks without request - the extra Stella was much appreciated by the men in the party.

As we left the aircraft the FSM gave me a bottle of champagne and wished me a very pleasant holiday. A lovely touch[y]

I wouldn't choose to fly in Y again unless finances gave me no other option, but this is purely down to legroom and comfort and for no other reason.

Jilly

Sorry didn't mention the food which was pretty good - I hated the GU dessert, too sweet for me but it was finished off by one of the many chocoholics in the party.
#365073 by Nottingham Nick
01 Aug 2006, 17:27
Thanks for the TR, Jilly. [y][y]

They do say, once you have turned left - there is no going back. [;)][:D]

Nick
#365130 by ela123
01 Aug 2006, 20:32
Glad Y was not too bad for you Jilly and that you had a good time.

Another Au HH upgrade at the LGW Hilton

Don't you just love that, happens every time for me. I can just about get there for 6pm, check in at the exec lounge and then just sit down and start with a free drink (or several)until I struggle to stand up again!! [:0] What a result, well worth it[y]
#365145 by buns
01 Aug 2006, 21:06
Jilly

Thanks for the TR[y][y]

sorry to hear that the Twilight did not go excatly according to plan[:#]

However, the Clubhouse experience (that was jolly nice to make sure your friend had the treatment BTW[^][^]) and the service you received on baord as an Au certainly made up for it.

Thanks once again

buns