Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#244221 by tugpilot
01 Aug 2006, 23:40
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Arrived at LHR at 15.30. Tickets paid for by sponsor so they needed to be issued. They had been paid in Botswanan Pula so this gave some problems as ticket staff needed to convert to something more recognisable - not something she had to do often. Tickets issued, check in at Premium and boarding efficent. G-VFIX-all sparkling and new. Seat 45D -I had gone for an aisle as all windows taken and as tickets not issued in advance could not use OLCI etc. 45D not good on A340-600 claustrophobic and opposite toilets no view out. Delayed by loading freight. During the dealy fantastic cabin crew (I know I can't name her) went to loads of trouble to re-seat lots us before departure, uniting the spearated and getting me a window seat (52K) Never seen this done before. Food up to standard and go-around on arrival efficently described form the flight deck. Marred only by a 20 min delay getting off due to a broken jetty at JNB, not a VS problem

First flight in Economy since 1997 and not disappointed- maybe more careful about spending on PE and UC in future!