Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#261905 by madjack
14 Jan 2010, 18:16
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Checked in some 7 hours early to get the extra leg room in premium.

'Good Morning'
'Morning, what flight are you checking in for today'
'Hong Kong, would it be possible to have the seats at the front of the section, as we are rather tall?'
'They are already been taken' she said without checking. 'However, if you accept the possibility of a downgrade, I can free those seats.
'Either, they are free or they are not' Looks at her keyboard

'No, I will stick with my original seats'
Cue three hours later. Check in again.
'Morning, checking in the Hong Kong and then to Sydney, would it be possible to have the extra room seats'

'I will have a look, yes, no problem'

The flight left ten minutes late, and the food was served pretty quickly and for premium it was very good, or was I starving or perhaps both. Cabin crew were attentive and good and before they dimmed the lights the captain made a mumbled speech, I can only assume it was about the route because it mentioned Mongolia.
The entertainment system worked and nobody took up my offer of battleships, so I watched a couple of wildlife programmes. Film choice was very poor.
The plane touched down 23 minutes early with a gentle thud. If this section of the trip was easy, the next would not be