Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#907555 by Lucydog
21 Jul 2015, 22:05
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Ok well returned from daytona to alamo 7 days later to mco, to pick up son and daughter in law, but first rumbled into the alamo garage. Well trudged back up to desk and said i wanted the suv i should have had the previous week, :-( an was told its july 4th you know and we dont have anything we can let you have. >-( look said l wheres my jeep, all out none due in, can i upgrade then. NO all booked out. Just then he chatted to a guy behind the desk, i have just had another suv returned un expectidley. :-O By now i was worried what was we getting, will it cost me. NO just swopping. We picked up my son and 5 adults went back to the garage, this small dirty traverge pulled up, this will sort you out said driver, We knew we were beat got in and went back to I Drive hotel. Any way the flight back home was a dream lots of turbulance but the staff were real gems and we wanted for nothing. I so love Virgin and they are always kind and very helpfull. Manchester was tipping down with rain, but cases came off first and we wizzed through security. by the way looking at my cc statement alamo have just charged me £510.12 for the change over of the suv that was still not what we had booked. >-( ;-( oh hum here i go again.
#907577 by moodyblue
22 Jul 2015, 10:32
What a shame about the troubles with your hire car from Alamo.
We were at MCO earlier this year and one day into our three week stay the car (standard SUV) showed it was due for a service. Alamo insisted it be returned so we took it back to MCO and exchanged it for an Explorer. Alamo refunded the cost of fuel as compensation. Within a day the cruise control stopped working so Alamo wanted that one back. At MCO they offered an upgrade as compensation and a further fuel refund. That car I think was an Acadia and was great for the remainder of the holiday.
We have booked for 2016 and Alamo have promised an upgrade then as well!
#907593 by Fuzzy14
22 Jul 2015, 13:23
What a shame about the car. I actually flew on the exact same days as you (27th & 18th) only from Glasgow.

I'd already done the online check-in with Alamo so headed straight to the car park to collect our standard SUV. The first 3 in the row were full size SUVs (Jeep Grand Cherokees which we weren't allowed) followed by about 20 standard SUVs. The first 5 were Toyota 4runners, I took one and it was an excellent car. I can't think why the garage had been cleared out of suitable cars unless your flight was late in and the Gatwick flight took them all.
#907738 by Lucydog
25 Jul 2015, 18:36
We wasted so much time trying to log on to alamo, but the problem was theres so i was told. We saw jeeps but were told that they were booked out. It was dodge journeys in any clour but nothing else. :-O I have since been informed by alamo that the garage also changed the paperwork when i went back again, which led to me paying an extra £525.00 which they are going to give back, I will await that transfer with a prayer. ;-)
#908943 by Lucydog
23 Aug 2015, 13:06
UPDATE.

Alamo have repaid all my money plus exchange rate fees, With lots of appologies for all inconvenience caused. Also have not charged me for the full tank of fuel as it was there fault. There was a SUV jeep and one of the staff let it go to another customer. :-D
#908947 by hiljil
23 Aug 2015, 13:12
That's really good to hear. Very pleased for you.
Thank you for updating us.
Virgin Atlantic