Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#909510 by enjoyingit
04 Sep 2015, 20:14
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
We arrived at Gatwick at 7.45 for the 10.00 departure to Antigua. Check-in was very smooth, with absolutely no wait and all accomplished with smiles and good wishes. As we were flying upper we proceeded to “Gatwick premium” security. Well I guess it’s all in the title. NOT. Although we scanned our boarding passes separately we were then delivered into the main area for the X-ray and the queues were very long, and it was all a bit of a bun fight really.
But 20 minutes is no time out of your life, although a little time not spent in the clubhouse. First time in the LGW clubhouse since 2003, and what a lovely experience. The staff were excellent, the bubbles were cold and the food tasty. And all too quickly we were on board. More bubbles and away we went.
I must state that most of our flying in the last 10 years has been on hub/business, long haul routes, and split between BA,Emirates and VS.
Well, this was probably the best flight I have had in those 10 years.
The staff were beyond excellent( I will send feedback to Crawley towers), the food was actually very nice, and the only thing that was a slight disappointment was the A330. (but enough has been written about that already)
There are certainly worse ways of spending 8 ½ hours.
So a quick cab to Blue Waters Antigua where we are overnighting (someone else joined us and also paid the 13 bucks, is that normal?) and we now have dinner booked, a few more drinks to be enjoyed, and then its Necker time tomorrow. We are now even more nervous :D
#909512 by Bretty
04 Sep 2015, 21:26
Thanks for the TR, glad the flight was up to expectations or beyond. Do enjoy your overnight in Antigua and your time at Necker. Any chance of a daily update on 'shenanigans'? :-D
#909519 by enjoyingit
04 Sep 2015, 23:20
:blush: :blush: :-O :-O
enjoyingit wrote:
Bretty wrote:Thanks for the TR, glad the flight was up to expectations or beyond. Do enjoy your overnight in Antigua and your time at Necker. Any chance of a daily update on 'shenanigans'? :-D

#909524 by marshy11
05 Sep 2015, 07:39
GO TO SLEEP!
#909525 by marshy11
05 Sep 2015, 07:40
Glad you enjoyed the flight. Don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Keep notes and take lots of photos, we don't want to miss a single second.
#909533 by Daffodil
05 Sep 2015, 10:12
So glad to hear it was a good flight as we will also be flying LGW to ANU in upper in November. We will however be staying in Antigua.
Look forward to hearing all about Necker Island.
Have a lovely time!
#909549 by mrsw
05 Sep 2015, 19:13
Sounds like an excellent flight - "best flight in 10 years"... what a praise!

Have a brilliant time in Necker Island! I can hardly wait for the (no doubt very detailed :-P ) return TR!
#909551 by TimCrawley
05 Sep 2015, 20:17
Necker - nice :-)

Just remembered to do my free entry into the win a week in Necker competition for FC Gold members but sadly doubt that means I'll be following you there in 2016 .... so will have to look forward to your trip report instead!

Enjoy and tell us what you can!
Virgin Atlantic