This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#160357 by MarkJ
16 Feb 2007, 18:24
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
Originally posted by motherger
For those of you with time on your hands this friday afternoon why not have a wee game:

Desktop Football

Thank you! Man U just beat Reading 6 - 0 on my version [}:)]

GJ

Time on your hands is right - Ive just spent all bloody afternoon getting two tickets for the Lille away game next Tuesday!!

Oh and I have read that Reading will be playing their "reserve" team on Saturday- so maybe 6-0 is right??
#160365 by chrisV
16 Feb 2007, 19:14
originally posted by MarkJ
Time on your hands is right - Ive just spent all bloody afternoon getting two tickets for the Lille away game next Tuesday!!

On the weekend just gone I was in Lille/Lens area on a French + Belgian battlefields tour - saw several signs for Stade Felix Bolaert. It's a really nice area, and I had a great view over the town from atop Vimy Ridge where there's this huge Canadian monument to the canadian soldiers who gave their lives in the First World War; it's two massive pillars (to represent the French and English parts of Canada) - see if you can see it Mark. Also, across the other side there are two pointy mountains which our tour guide called 'Madonna's Brassire' [:o)]
#160471 by MarkJ
18 Feb 2007, 08:39
Too many chances missed - should have been 2-0 before they got their goal and what the dickens was Wes Brown doing at the corner anyway!!

A replay in sunny Berkshire is just NOT what the doctor ordered!!

Now what was the score on the internet table football GJ!!! Grrrr![:#]