This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#18112 by fozzyo
02 Mar 2007, 11:05
For any of our membership from down under, or those who there I just wanted to wish a very Happy Mardi Gras. Have fun, be safe and look out for your mates.

I can't believe that we were there this time last year! Just a shame that right after the parade I was very ill for the next few days.

[:X]
#162167 by DMetters-Bone
02 Mar 2007, 11:24
Originally posted by fozzyo

I can't believe that we were there this time last year! Just a shame that right after the parade I was very ill for the next few days.

[:X]

Didn't have anything to do with over doing it at the party??? [}:)][}:)]

Happy Mardi Gras to everyone too! We went home 2 years ago for it!!!!

I'm home sick [:#]
#162170 by fozzyo
02 Mar 2007, 11:59
I wish it was self-induced. About half way through the parade I thought I was about to faint, then just felt really awful for the rest of it. As soon as it finished I was back in the hotel ... stopping for no one. Then half an hour later I had my head in the toilet ... and did for the next few days.

Was a bit disappointed with the official after-party. Sydney is known for its Drag Queens, and I love a good drag show. The official afterparty is just a big huge house/dance/techno/don't really understand these things type of event. Great - its really popular ... but for the other 300,000 people who don't want that there isn't anything other then squeezing into over-crowded bars that are too busy to move or get in a drink in. A 2nd area at the party with Camp disco music in would make me want to go back.

But we had a great time the weekend before, went to the Stonewall Hotel, the big bear one on the corner - the Oxford?, Midnight Shift, Manacle - got thrown out of there at closing by a rather lovely lesbian. We are never out until closing!

Mat