This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#18265 by csparker
12 Mar 2007, 14:05
So like a mad fool, I signed up to run the London Marathon last year. Like a lucky fool, I got a place. Like a stupid fool, I didn't decline it. Like a vain fool, I started training. Like a pained fool I strained a calf muscle. Like a sensible fool, I stopped trainig to recover. Like a helped fool my training has been going OK since.
In summary, I am due to run the London marathon on April 22nd, raising funds for Little Havens hospice, which is a place that helps to care for my elder daughter, about whom I have written elsewhere on this forum.
If anyone would like to sponsor me, you can do so at http://www.justgiving.com/chrisparker26.
If you want to read my training blog, you can here.
Are any other V-Flyers running London this year?
#163153 by fozzyo
12 Mar 2007, 14:43
Good luck to you!!

A few years back I was a volunteer massage therapist for the NSPCC team, we were very popular! Have a great run ... look after yourself and get some good products to help sooth your muscles after the run and on the morning after!

Mat xxx
#163234 by mcmbenjamin
13 Mar 2007, 01:25
Originally posted by csparker
Are any other V-Flyers running London this year?

I would but the Flora London Marathon people do not allow direct entries by Americans. You have to enter via some company in Boston. Bullsh*t. Anyone of any nationality can enter the Marine Corps or ING New York City marathons....
#163255 by csparker
13 Mar 2007, 12:56
Thanks to you all - training still going well.
#169197 by csparker
24 Apr 2007, 19:09
I completed the marathon in 4hrs, 54minutes, 55 seconds. Time was about half an hour slower than I had hoped for, but given the weather and what I saw out on the road, I am pleased to have got round in a credible time.

Thanks to all my sponsors and supporters, especially the V-Flyers who I only know via this forum. I have over six grand on Just Giving now. I am over the moon.
#169216 by VS045
24 Apr 2007, 21:20
Well done - I only know one other person who ran; he was limping on monday;)

VS.
#169258 by pjh
25 Apr 2007, 10:05
Well done - over the moon you deserve to be.

Paul
#169266 by fozzyo
25 Apr 2007, 11:10
Well done on smashing through your fund-raising target and big congrats on completing the run in under 5hours!! Hope your starting to recover and your muscles are beginning to forgive you.

Mat
Virgin Atlantic