This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#170141 by pjh
01 May 2007, 10:01
Now this very far from my area of interest, but when stuck on the M3 for hours last Thursday I caught some of "Woman's Hour" where they reported than Manchester City FC was founded by the daughter of the local curate, a lady by the name of Anna Connell who wanted to encourage local youth away from the prevelant entertainments of getting blind drunk and engaging in mass gang fights. I guess it doesn't preclude the influence of the freemasons on the development of the club, but the founder wouldn't have got into a lodge save for as a guest on ladies' nights.

I can't find a link to the report itself but here's a Wikipedia link.

Paul
#170168 by pjh
01 May 2007, 12:51
Alan

I stand updated. Thanks for the links - interesting reads. Even though I lack the sports gene the social history aspect is fascinating.

Paul
#170208 by VS075
01 May 2007, 16:47
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
Well it's obviously done nothing of the sort for City fans... [}:)]

Mind you Man United fans aren't necessarily goody two-shoes now are they? [}:)]
#170258 by MarkJ
01 May 2007, 21:39
Originally posted by VS075

I am!
#170356 by VS075
02 May 2007, 15:50
Originally posted by VS075

Perhaps not but at least I can set my prawn sandwich down without it getting nicked (cf Anfield)

GJ

If only they knew where your true loyalites lie [}:)]
#170391 by AlanA
02 May 2007, 17:45
Did you see that the Liverpool Goalie's house was turned over last night whilst he was working?
#170392 by MarkJ
02 May 2007, 17:48
Originally posted by AlanA
Did you see that the Liverpool Goalie's house was turned over last night whilst he was working?

A bindipper robbed by the bindippers!! There's just no honour among thieves is there?

Those Evertonians are just so clever -

"where do you think Reina is tonight?"

"Hmmmmm?"
#170411 by AlanA
02 May 2007, 19:29
Reina's house gets burgled - suspect sought.
The police are apparently interviewing Frank Lampard about the burglary at Jose Reina's house.

Apparently no-one can vouch for his whereabouts from 7.45 - 10.15 on Tuesday night!
#170413 by MarkJ
02 May 2007, 19:41
LOL -- I saw that, too, and was going to post something snide but you've beaten me to it,

GJ

Dont let us stop you!!:D
Virgin Atlantic