This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#762227 by catsilversword
18 Dec 2010, 18:52
This is a difficult one - does anyone know who the head/chief exec of Virgin Mobile (UK) is please? I changed mt contract a month ago and have online statements only - ever since I changed my contract, I've been unable to access my account online. I keep calling and emailing - emails are ignored and phone calls only have staff agreeing that there's a tech problem - they email the IT people, but nothing seems to happen. I can't view my account so I can't keep track of texts etc used and I can't view my bill either. Can anyone help please? I need to cut through somehow and get this highlighted to someone who will do something about it. I'm wondering if they may even be in breach of contract, since essentially they're denying me access to my bills???
#762230 by tontybear
18 Dec 2010, 19:12
Corporate information like that should be listed on their website. Even a google search should reveal this information.

Do they have a face book page? That might be another option to get this looked at.
#762233 by mitchja
18 Dec 2010, 19:39
I went though a spell of similar so-called 'IT issues' with my pay monthly SIM only tariff on Virgin Mobile which I use with my iPhone 4. I was getting charged for minutes and texts even though I still had plenty of allowance left. It was just one thing after another.

I also made several calls which where getting nowhere (annoys me that you actually have to pay out of allowance to actually speak to someone :(! ), I also sent several emails to no avail.

Finally I spoke to someone in their retentions department. (Virgin Mobile call this their cancellation team). They can be contacted on a freephone number 0800 1831150 Mon-Fri 08:00-20:00 and Sat 09:00-17:00, they are also UK based (unlike most of Virgin Mobile's call center now :(! ).

Not sure if that number will cost you if using your Virgin Mobile though. Anyway, they sorted everything out for me and even offered me a reasonable amount of credit as a way of an apology.

Virgin Mobile UK don't have a Facebook or Twitter account yet either v(
#762297 by catsilversword
19 Dec 2010, 17:25
Thanks Both.

I'd already done a google search before asking here - after digging about, I did find a few names, but no contact details. Also found what I thought was going to be another way on contacting, but it led me back to the usual 0845 6000 789 number, which is the one I've called again and again. So frustrating - I'm wondering if this leaves them in breach of contract, since I haven't been able to view anything since the contract changed - how can I even be sure they've put me on the tariff agreed?!

In some ways, it feels a bit like the battle I had earlier this year with car hire.... grrrrr.... but thanks again, I'll try the freephone number from a landline!
#762305 by DragonLady
19 Dec 2010, 18:46
Personally I would visit a t -mobile store and get them to do the legwork for you (even if you took the contract out on-line). I've had similar issues with O2 (but mine were iphone handset related) and they were resolved only when I camped out in their store.
DL
#762307 by mitchja
19 Dec 2010, 18:55
T-Mobile wont help you with any Virgin Mobile issues I'm afraid.

Whilst Virgin do use the T-Mobile network, that is the only similarity. They are two separate companies that can't access each other systems or data.

There are Virgin Mobile retail outlets, but I don't think Virgin Mobile have their own stores anywhere, they just tend of sell via retail stands in other shops.
#762335 by catsilversword
20 Dec 2010, 06:47
I did wonder about visiting a Virgin media store - but suspect they'll be as much use as a chocolate teapot....I almost feel tempted to try and cancel the contract, with the trouble this has given me.....
#762431 by catsilversword
21 Dec 2010, 06:54
I called billing yesterday - mostly got the same story about the IT dept, BUT I asked about my contract and account, it sounds as though they're charging me for text messages. I have 500 a month free - and I probably use about 50 in a high month! The woman in billing did credit me some minutes and texts free (not sure why), but said there wasn't much more she could do. I've asked for it to be escalated - it's been a month now...

So then, I called retentions (thanks James) - and the guy there was soooo helpful. He could confirm my contract on his summary, but that no allowances have been activated on my account! Ye gods - he also said this must mean I can't access any Blackberry features (I can't, but just been using regular email account). He said he'd activate this for me and that I should then be able to view my account online... and he gave me a £15 credit too.

Sadly though, I still can't access my account - will call him or someone else back today, but he did seem to know what he was talking about. Why, oh why can't they all be this helpful?????!!!!
Virgin Atlantic