This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#765609 by Darren Wheeler
30 Jan 2011, 12:00
Depends if I'm travelling with any camera gear or not. A SLR body, lenses, and all the bits like batteries and chargers doesn't leave a lot of room.

Otherwise it's
Macbook
Phones
Small camera if no SLR.
Documents
Chargers etc I'm likely to need for the first day.
Little bag of liquids including spare contacts.
Pen, notebook, Condé Nast
Satnav if driving on arrival
#765622 by tontybear
30 Jan 2011, 13:02
I found a pic of mine !

245.JPG
#765633 by tontybear
30 Jan 2011, 13:40
enyce085 wrote:
Lol are they heart-shaped boxers? Or am I seeing it wrong?

They are, what our american cousins call, 'lounge pants'. $5 from Old Navy a couple of years ago ! They always get admiring glances and on one flight a coupls of VS crew wanted them to be replacements for the ninja suits :D :D
#765638 by Luke085
30 Jan 2011, 13:50
tontybear wrote:
enyce085 wrote:
Lol are they heart-shaped boxers? Or am I seeing it wrong?

They are, what our american cousins call, 'lounge pants'. $5 from Old Navy a couple of years ago ! They always get admiring glances and on one flight a coupls of VS crew wanted them to be replacements for the ninja suits :D :D

Lol ahhh Old Navy, the upper class version of primark! I love finding bargains there! Still got my $10 flip flops from old navy, best ever!

I can imagine you do get some looks!
#765642 by tontybear
30 Jan 2011, 14:03
enyce085 wrote:
Lol ahhh Old Navy, the upper class version of primark! I love finding bargains there! Still got my $10 flip flops from old navy, best ever!

I can imagine you do get some looks!

Yes got them a couple of weeks after valentines in a sale so I guess hearts were 'out' ! have never seen tham again either

and yes admiring looks! ):
#765806 by NV43
31 Jan 2011, 19:13
In no particular order:

Passport, wallet (cash and ccs), travel documents, hotel reservations & copy of insurance document, mobile telephone, gel ink pen, sunglasses, Nikon, flash & 20 mm lens, card reader, Archos PVR, noise cancelling headphones, ear plugs, Zopiclone, PJ's, spare batteries for headphones, assorted newspapers & magazines (mostly several weeks old!).

Please don't ask what Mrs NV manages to get into her cabin luggage; my fingers tips would bleed from the typing.

NV
#765810 by CHill710
31 Jan 2011, 20:04
for me.

Waterproof Coat (in-case the aircraft parks at a remote stand in the middle of a heavy rain storm)
Digital Camera
I-phone (with all travel details in an app)
Passport
Wallet (with money £ & $/euro, cards BAA World points card if flying from LHR)
Paper copies of insurance details and hotel/flight bookings

topped of course with a V-Flyer luggage Tag
#767704 by danwest
15 Feb 2011, 00:01
Oh, great thread. I was thinking about hand luggage the other day and would it be bad/stupid if i was to pack my Mac and Camera SLR in HL. Reading the posts lots of people carry lots more than me.

Last flight i took in HL,

Notebook, charger
All my SD cards and convertor
Book
iPhone, charger
Travel docs (hotel, insurance and all that)
Rollon in case of those sweaty moments
Camera (no charger)
and a few other little things, pen and etc
Headphones
Money/wallet
#768296 by oreo75
18 Feb 2011, 19:55
Glad to read I take as much as everyone else.

I mine I take:
Money
Passport
Travel documents
iPad & charger
iPod
Earphones
Ear planes
Phone
Changing of clothes in case luggage goes missing
Change of clothes if I'm going somewhere hotter than the uk, so I can get change in the plane
Book
Camera & spare memory cards
#768617 by MrsBear99
22 Feb 2011, 14:19
For those iPad users out there, have you found the "Zinio" app, many of your fave mags available for download (clearly before you take off:) )for about the same price as WHS. Superb quality and saves a heck of a lot of space / weight!
#772528 by lisanaomi87
24 Mar 2011, 19:40
-All the usual travel documents Passport etc
-Ipod
-Book
-Make Up
-Toothbrush and Paste
-Ear Plugs
-Painkillers and Diazapam (nervy passenger alert)
-Hairbrush and Hair Ties
-Socks
-Deodrant

I always overpack especially entertainment wise II never use any of it when flying with Virgin
Virgin Atlantic