This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#765179 by MrSquare
26 Jan 2011, 16:33
Well it's coming to that time of year again where we will shortly be off to MCO for 2 weeks of sun, not so much sea and shuttles this time; lucky enough to be seeing the shuttle launch on the 24/02! :P

Just a quick one on the subject of hand luggage, usually I fill it up with laptop + charger and god knows what other wires but this time I've decided to leave all that behind and my hand luggage case is looking suspiciously bare...

What do you guys usually pack in to yours?! Will be for a 2 week trip!
#765199 by Martin
26 Jan 2011, 18:35
.. and noise cancelling headphones plus my own, comfortable eyeshades and earplugs so I can sleep well on the way back.
#765201 by tontybear
26 Jan 2011, 18:41
book/magazines
lounge pants to change into
washbag with toothbrush, mouth wash, moisturiser, aspirin etc
bag or two of wine gums
travel docs - insurance, hotel details et
MP3 player
camera

oh and not forgetting (and depending on destination) Tonty and Beary will usually ensure they find themselves a space
#765217 by MrT
26 Jan 2011, 21:36
Laptop charger, iPhone cable and charger, travel plug adapter, laptop, camera, shaver, electric toothbrush/heads, painkillers, Bose headphones, a few magazines.
#765231 by DragonLady
26 Jan 2011, 23:16
Well as mine is sitting before me
1 handbag containing
iphone, reading specs, passport +docs, camera, make up and moisturisers,perfume, painkillers, purse, eye drops, 3 pens.
Laptop bag containing notebook/laptop, QC2s, various cables etc
Pull- along containing
change of clothing (and underwear), slippers for on board,large wrap, toothbrush, decent eye mask and wipes.
DL
#765240 by pjh
27 Jan 2011, 00:02
DragonLady wrote:Well as mine is sitting before me
1 handbag containing
iphone, reading specs, passport +docs, camera, make up and moisturisers,perfume, painkillers, purse, eye drops, 3 pens.
Laptop bag containing notebook/laptop, QC2s, various cables etc
Pull- along containing
change of clothing (and underwear), slippers for on board,large wrap, toothbrush, decent eye mask and wipes.

Good lord, that's about the volume of stuff I'd take for a trip lasting a week :)

One of MrsPJH's and my fantasies ( :| ) is to be driving round the M25 one day, and suddenly decide to go to LHR, buy tickets somewhere exotic with cc and travel there completely unencumbered.
#765256 by clarkeysntfc
27 Jan 2011, 11:23
I avoid checking in a bag wherever possible, I haven't checked in a bag for a couple of years now.

Normally I'll have:
iPhone cable and charger (plus any other device chargers needed), travel plug adapter, camera, shaver, toiletries, painkillers, headphones, reading material, change of clothes.
#765278 by Concorde RIP
27 Jan 2011, 14:58
Apart from the things I see covered...

List of essential phone numbers - insurance co.s, hotels, airlines etc
Any spare batteries that I might need,
Couple of energy bars as standby food (delays, diversions anyone?),
Travel insurance docs - especially for USA,Spare DS stylus for when my daughter looses herws!
Currency for destination,
And much as above.
#765322 by Jacki
27 Jan 2011, 19:36
My husband reckons it's an illness but I walk onto the plane with everything everyone has mentioned already plus a set of beach clothes & bikini (if going on holiday) and a spare pair of smart casual clothes - in case my overweight luggage goes missing!
#765330 by tontybear
27 Jan 2011, 20:12
Jacki wrote:My husband reckons it's an illness but I walk onto the plane with everything everyone has mentioned already plus a set of beach clothes & bikini (if going on holiday) and a spare pair of smart casual clothes - in case my overweight luggage goes missing!

Yes Jacki but what does he know?

:X
#765354 by buns
27 Jan 2011, 22:00
Nowdays, Mrs Buns and I have replaced the laptop with an I Pad - so :

I Pad
I Phone
Charger
Camera + Charger
Noise Cancelling Headphones

Oh, and that Book, that I have never managed to get to read :D

buns
#765356 by Guest
27 Jan 2011, 22:09
buns wrote:Nowdays, Mrs Buns and I have replaced the laptop with an I Pad - so :

I Pad
I Phone
Charger
Camera + Charger
Noise Cancelling Headphones

Oh, and that Book, that I have never managed to get to read :D

buns

and limes ;)
#765360 by slinky09
27 Jan 2011, 22:24
Paid of Tod's to wear in flight, my own top if a night flight.
Laptop (which will last 7 hrs on battery so no chargers!)
iPad
Two iPhones (one US, one UK)
NC headphones
Book
Little Herve Chapelier bag with odds and sods like spare lenses, mouse, wires, keys, ...
Notebook
Paper if I remember to get a Guardian and so I don't have to read the Daily Heil or the Times!
Valuables like cufflinks I don't want to pack
Wallet
Travel wallet with insurance etc.

I've tried not checking luggage but frankly can't be bothered carrying and the extra hastle, will normally pack a winter coat in checked bag at this time of year so I don't have to carry that too.

Lady DL, yours sounds exactly like my #1s including the wheely LV with change of clothes etc.!
#765370 by Guest
27 Jan 2011, 22:53
:P iPad
iPhone
Some lengthly book that weighs a tonne
Clinique Moisturizer
Pain killers for the inevitable headache
Wallet with all my valuable stuff in -Money, Cards etc
Travel Insurance docs

....and anything that is shoved in my general direction by Hamster :p
#765395 by honey lamb
27 Jan 2011, 23:38
DragonLady wrote:
Today I seem to have acquired even more stuff....... :0
DL

Never! :D
#765570 by Miss G
29 Jan 2011, 20:22
Handbag - this usually contains only my purse, wallet, docs, face powder and camera. I don't subscribe to the female handbag stereotype!

I then have a separate bag with a cardie/jumper, book, ipod and some travel nibbles and tissues.

After reading some of these, I'm starting to think I should pack more!! ;)
#765576 by hat
29 Jan 2011, 21:16
tomorrow i'm only taking carry on so technically everything is in my hand luggage, but in my man-bag will be:
- travel documents
- mints
- ipod & earphones
- book
- sunglasses
- phone & blackberry (1 personal, 1 work)
Virgin Atlantic