This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#770091 by Howard Long
07 Mar 2011, 00:22
Folks

I know it's been a long time since I posted here, but then again I don't fly much anymore now I am a slave to Paypal's apparently totally arbitrary approach to random banking techniques in the name of the world's security.

Tomorrow (Monday) I find myself a true Billy no mates. Despite spending an entire 30 seconds going through my very loose leaf address book I find myself on me lonesome. I am looking for someone who would like to enjoy a particularly boozy lunch at Le Gavroche, otherwise I'll be going on me own and expect to make me own way to a welcoming gutter on the way out.

So are you at a loose end and fancy spending more time than is strictly necessary for a weeekday lunchtime? Please reply here in full public view, or if you fear the ridicule of your peers, PM me.

Prompt midday start, carriages later if the wheels don't fall off first.

Howard
#770104 by tontybear
07 Mar 2011, 01:21
Wish I could Howard but other commitments unfortunatly.
#770118 by buns
07 Mar 2011, 06:11
Howard

Would love to have joined you - the location cannot be bettered IMHO

However, I do have some work committments which mean that I would have to have a clear head in the afternoon, a complete waste of what Le Gav has to offer therefore

Take Care

buns
#770122 by slinky09
07 Mar 2011, 07:37
Ugh. Too committed (not an asylum) to be able to consider the delights and fine wines of Le Gavroche today.

Oh, and I have been missing your TRs and general oenophiliac posts!
#770137 by Scrooge
07 Mar 2011, 09:49
Oh bollocks, one of the few times I am unhappy about being 5500 miles away.

BTW, have you tried "Dinner" yet ?

We will be over in November and Mrs Scrooge really needs to try some Heston food, but sadly, we won't have time to make it out to he Fat Duck.
#770145 by HWVlover
07 Mar 2011, 10:33
Scrooge wrote:We will be over in November and Mrs Scrooge really needs to try some Heston food, but sadly, we won't have time to make it out to he Fat Duck.

How about here?
#770160 by Scrooge
07 Mar 2011, 11:17
HWVlover wrote:
Scrooge wrote:We will be over in November and Mrs Scrooge really needs to try some Heston food, but sadly, we won't have time to make it out to he Fat Duck.

How about here?

That would probably why I said ....

Scrooge wrote:
BTW, have you tried "Dinner" yet ?

:w
#770161 by HWVlover
07 Mar 2011, 11:25
Thought you meant dinner at Le Gavroche.
OOPS. :#
#770629 by Jacki
10 Mar 2011, 07:47
Howard, I thought of you ordering your lovely lunch y) on Monday as I sat in the hospital staff canteen :$ !
Virgin Atlantic