A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#543679 by Bazz
06 Jul 2005, 10:06
Hi Dave,

The situation is that the tables are laid up for ten, we have two tables reserved for v-flyer. We currently have twenty confirmed and two unconfirmed. I have established that we could squeeze eleven onto each table without making it too uncomfortable, so max 22 without going to a third table.

There are still tickets available. If we can get the two unconfirmed to confirm and if you wish to come (will you be bringing a guest?) we would have either three or four towards a third table, maybe a few others would like to come along to try to make up the ten places?

The event is open to all on v-flyer, you do not have to be a member of the FV Club to attend.

So if you (and guest?) would like to be put on the wait list we can do that or if you don't mind where you sit, you can book your ticket with the FV Club and take pot luck. The event is still a time away so I am hopeful we may get a few more yet.

Barry.
#544485 by mcuth
16 Jul 2005, 10:41
BTW, for those that didn't know already - this is a black tie party - here's a link to the VH party page.

Cheers

Michael
#547409 by mitchja
06 Aug 2005, 16:03
Just in the process of weighing up the easiest way to get down to Brighton for the VH party.

I dont particulary fancy driving (although still an option) so I was maybe thinking about flying to LHR but that then means HEX to Paddington, tube from Paddington to Victoria then finally train to Brighton which seems like quite hard work....

Edit - Hmmmmm just realised that the GEX goes into Victoria so that would be a better option if flying down to LGW

Anyone with a better ideas [?]

Thanks and Regards
#547422 by onionz
06 Aug 2005, 16:25
Originally posted by mitchja
Edit - Hmmmmm just realised that the GEX goes into Victoria so that would be a better option if flying down to LGW

Anyone with a better ideas [?]

Thanks and Regards

You can actually get a train direct from Gatwick to Brighton, so that's got to be the best way of all!

http://www.southernrailway.com/route_info/maps/brighton.shtml
#547426 by mitchja
06 Aug 2005, 16:42
Even beter thanks for that Jason [:)] and only 7.70 each way too [y]

For my flight I was going to give Jet2 a try from MAN>LGW but BA are actually over 10 cheaper and offer better times too (BA = 62.20 compared to Jet2 at 73.00 return!!!)

Regards
#547487 by mcuth
07 Aug 2005, 11:18
Originally posted by mcuth
this is a black tie party

For those needing to hire Evening Wear, I can thoroughly recommend these people - used them several times now (hmmm, maybe I should actually look at buying a DJ now!), and they've been excellent each time.

Cheers

Michael
#547495 by RichardMannion
07 Aug 2005, 12:53
this is a black tie party

For those needing to hire Evening Wear, I can thoroughly recommend these people - used them several times now (hmmm, maybe I should actually look at buying a DJ now!), and they've been excellent each time.

Cheers

Michael

Micahel, you live less than 50m from the Outlet Village - there really is no excuse not to get a DJ. Come to think of It I'm glad that I used to live even closer than you to the outlet, I forgot a couple of years ago to send in my tuxedo to the dry cleaners as I had managed to get mud all down it (like who holds a party in a marquee in a field...) and I remembered abotu the mud the day of the following years party [V] So I now own two of the damn things....

Thanks,
Richard
#547498 by Bazz
07 Aug 2005, 13:57
Originally posted by RichardMannion
...So I now own two of the damn things....

Thanks,
Richard

So Richard, you could lend one to mcuth then [:D][;)][B)][:0]
#547501 by Decker
07 Aug 2005, 15:36
I bought a white one and a black one donkey's years back figuring I'd save on rentals... worked so far [:)]
#547532 by RichardMannion
07 Aug 2005, 22:46
Bazz - now I'm not sure it would fit..... [:)] I struggled to find my size, but eventually Adams did a Christmas range....

Decker - there is always one in a crowd that has to buy a white tuxedo.... and how did I know it would be you! [:p]

Thanks,
Richard
#547535 by Decker
07 Aug 2005, 23:08
there are rules governing these things [;)]
#547536 by mcuth
07 Aug 2005, 23:09
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Micahel, you live less than 50m from the Outlet Village - there really is no excuse not to get a DJ.

Actually, it's about 1/2 a mile, and I try and avoid the place when I have spare time available at weekends. Shopping centres aren't my number one place to spend time! Anyhoo, I'm not going to shell out on a DJ when there's a chance I might lose weight (though I've been saying that for the last couple of years now....*sigh*)

Cheers

Michael
#547585 by Jonathan
08 Aug 2005, 12:06
Mike,
I bought a tux and it does work out cheaper!!

Also if your weight changes it wont cost much to get them adjusted!!
#548905 by mitchja
20 Aug 2005, 20:15
I see there are now 2 seats on the inaugural DXB flight up for grabs at the FVC party. [8D]

See the FVC Web site

Regards
#551571 by buns
10 Sep 2005, 12:09
Yippee[:D][:D]

Tickets for Mrs Buns and myself arrived this morning[y][y]

There is a pre-order wine list too[;)][;)]
#551579 by Bazz
10 Sep 2005, 13:28
Yes Buns, the tickets have been sent out and should be dropping through letterboxes over the next day or so. If you haven't received yours by mid week I would give the FV Club a call.

Like Buns, mine arrived this morning... Champagne anyone [;)]
#551590 by mitchja
10 Sep 2005, 14:07
Indeed

My ticket arived this morning as well [:)]

Regards
#551592 by mcuth
10 Sep 2005, 14:19
Yup, my tickets arrived today too - was wondering what VH were doing writing to me [:D][y][y][:)]

Cheers

Michael
#551615 by buns
10 Sep 2005, 19:25
originally posted by Bazz
Champagne anyone

It will have to be, as I didn't see diet coke on the order form[}:)][;)][}:)]
#551782 by Sarz
12 Sep 2005, 17:19
Hello everyone

I'm glad you have all received your tickets and am looking forward to meeting you all on the night. I do still have a few people's tickets I need to send out as it appears we don't have the addresses:

Paul Reiffer
William and Alison Wade

Can you email me at [email protected] with your address so I can pop them in the post tonight or tomorrow please?

Thanks very much
Sarah [:D]
#551786 by Bazz
12 Sep 2005, 17:44
I have emailed Will and Paul to contact you Sarah.
#551790 by RichardMannion
12 Sep 2005, 18:53
I received my two tickets after a long week of travel and visits to airports, such a lovely surprise to have on my doorstep when I returned home.

See you all on the 8th!

Thanks,
Richard
#552102 by iforres1
15 Sep 2005, 08:53
Our tickets were on the door mat when i was home at the weekend[y]

See you all soon

Iain
#554386 by iforres1
03 Oct 2005, 08:59
What time does everybody plan to get there and are we all in the metropole? I guess all the HH plat cards will have bagged the best upgrades[:D]

Iain
#554387 by Decker
03 Oct 2005, 09:10
Checking in on Friday [:I]. Mrs D and I are out at a dinner on Thursday so staying away from home, so figured we'd extend for a weekend.
Virgin Atlantic