For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#934491 by travelmad51
17 Apr 2017, 11:14
Good Morning,

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Miami. We are staying over for two nights before joining a cruise following our VS flight in upper, managed to grab 2 G's :-D

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cath
#934492 by ColOrd
17 Apr 2017, 12:11
I've stayed in two hotels in Miami, the latest, and one I fell in love with was:

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels ... index.html

We got an upgrade and were on the top floor in a three bedroom suite for the two of us. It was really and truly an amazing stay, it was for my 30th birthday and we were treated like royalty. The location was good, it was just around the corner to Aventura mall and a quick bus or taxi down to the hubub of SoBe or Lincoln Street.

The other hotel I stayed at was the Holiday Inn across the street from the Bayside complex/AA arena in Downtown Miami, so not as good a location, and the views are of the bay rather than the beach, but it is very convenient for the port!
#934502 by gilly
17 Apr 2017, 17:05
We stayed at the Victor on Ocean Drive. It was very well placed - next door to the Versace building - and they gave us vouchers for free breakfast, which was very good, each day. Nice pool deck.
#934510 by Daniel Armstrong
18 Apr 2017, 08:30
I would advise the Lord Balfor Hotel on South Beach

Location is just off south beach in the Art Deco area - its a 2 min walk to the main strip but somehow people stop at 5th st and never walk past so you get all the fun but no noise! Such a great area to spend some time and where you want to be. A little further up south beach is a great shopping area and some really great places to eat - especially in the Mexican area.

The hotel has its own 'reserved beach' area with free deck chairs and umbrellas (and towels) which is brilliant as it saves a lot of hassle.

Breakfast is great - if not a bit sparse to American Standards, but still very nice.

If you want to go to down-town Miami then its a cab ride (or the water taxi - lots of fun and you get to see a cool side of the city you wont otherwise see) which is not too much of an inconvenience to be fair.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... orida.html

Seriously, I would have a look at this place!

Dan
#934532 by Martin5192
19 Apr 2017, 12:25
Recently stayed at the Intercontinental in the Bayside area. Very short walk to the restaurants etc in Bayside, and short taxi ride to Cruise Port. We would most definitely stay again prior to a cruise.
#934552 by Turquoise
20 Apr 2017, 19:42
We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in March. Lovely rooms, pool area and views. It was expensive and I thought the public areas were rather drab. Staff friendly and food OK. I would stay there again for the location and rooms, but not for the food offerings.
#934568 by oldboy
21 Apr 2017, 15:56
Our view on the Lord Balfour in Miami does not coincide with Dan's. We stayed there for 3 nights in late February
prior to a cruise from Fort Lauderdale. We were not not over impressed, bedroom & bath room were small but maybe
that is normal for an Ocean Drive hotel. In 2016 we stayed close to the cruise terminal in FL & had a more typical US size room.

Good luck with where ever you book.
Virgin Atlantic