#256759 by Pete
31 Oct 2008, 10:59
I seem to remember the free upgrade to First from a full fare Club promo has been running for a while (and still is), but just noticed they are now running a similar offer if you buy a full-fare Euro Economy ticket, they'll upgrade you to Club Europe.

Without checking, my gut feeling is that a full-fare economy probably isn't much different to a Club Europe fare. Might be worth a look anyway if your travelling for business, but your company policy is now only Economy for short haul.

[url=/bacluboffer.asp]Details here.[/url] Offer available until 19th December by the looks of it.
#458696 by eejp1007
31 Oct 2008, 13:31
You get free food and drink, they move the curtain further back the plane so they can fit more 'Club Europe' in and they keep the middle seat empty on a 3-3 config.
Not worth it!!
#458719 by MarkedMan
31 Oct 2008, 16:03
IIRC the full economy fare is more than the discounted Club Europe deal you will get if you book a couple of weeks in advance. So this will likely apply to last minute business buys - not surprising as I am sure this segment of the market is suffering from a 'no more biz class on short haul' clampdown.
#458733 by Howard Long
31 Oct 2008, 19:04
Originally posted by MarkedMan
IIRC the full economy fare is more than the discounted Club Europe deal you will get if you book a couple of weeks in advance. So this will likely apply to last minute business buys - not surprising as I am sure this segment of the market is suffering from a 'no more biz class on short haul' clampdown.

I am sure I have even seen cases when the lowest Y fare was more than the lowest J fare on CE.

If you are paying for a full fare Y, and after tier points, it can be beneficial to pay the difference. Certainly I have done that on dozens of occasions.

H
#458743 by mike-smashing
31 Oct 2008, 20:15
Originally posted by Howard Long
I am sure I have even seen cases when the lowest Y fare was more than the lowest J fare on CE.

I've also seen this on LX when the lower Y buckets get depleted, and got some crackingly good deals in J this way.

The LX booking engine has pretty good transparency across the different fare types, and when a 'higher' bucket is in fact cheaper.

Mike
#458772 by MarkedMan
01 Nov 2008, 04:43
Originally posted by Howard Long

Yep, quite true, seen it often on holiday routes out of LGW to Italy - Pisa a good example - where folks don't much bother to check Club yet at peak times the Y cabin's quite full.
Virgin Atlantic