#947047 by gilly
18 Nov 2018, 15:09
After our first flight we were through security - another pat down and swabbing of my carry on - and off to the airport Al Mourjan lounge. We were not hungry so a soft drink was enough for us and we sat overlooking the terminal downstairs. We didn’t have long, only about 45 minutes and then left for the gate. When we arrived they were already boarding our next 787 this time via two air bridges. Again we had seats 2a and 3a and again my husband had a glass of pink bubbles before take off, while I had freshly squeezed orange juice. Again boarding was very quick. Is this Qatar in general or is it just people are more organised? I don’t know but in all it took no more than 10 minutes. This time we were handed out PJs and slippers, the amenity kits etc were already out and we were very quickly away. The cabin was cimpletely full and I overheard one crew member saying toanother that a large number of passengers had been upgraded at the gate, certainly a group of about six were chatting about how lucky they were, but service and noise levels remained excellent.

After seatbelt signs switched off the FSM came around, and introduced herself, again addressing us by name - I do like this, it feels more personal and that our custom is valued. Drinks orders taken and lemon mint drink delivered along with the warm nuts. Being a nuts fan, I quickly polished these off, a mistake as I then couldn’t eat much dinner. I asked to opt out of my pre ordered meal and instead asked for the meze, which could have had more garlic for me, followed by the best dessert ever - fresh berries with rosewater. Oh my word this was so very, very good and I told our FA and the FSM just how good they were, who both offered another bowlful, but being full of nuts and meze I sadly had to refuse.

I then changed and bedded down, having ordered juice and granola with greek yoghurt for breakfast. I managed about 2 hours sleep and spent the rest of the flight listening to music while lying down. About 2 hours before arrival, I went to change into cooler clothes for KL and when I came back, my breakfast was served. The cabin was secured fairly early again and the FA and FSM came and asked if everything had been ok and thanked us for our continued custom.

We landed about 10 minutes late and were very quickly through and our bags arrived 4th and 5th. The golf clubs, took forever - well over an hour - by which time I was certain they had gone astray, but sure enough, they eventually arrived and were perfectly unscathed.

I have nothing but praise for these two flights. Crew members were unfailingly polite yet friendly and helpful. The toilets were kept spotless, I saw crew going in and wiping around after most passengers and toilet seat covers placed and while they didn’t keep disturbing us, they were frequently in and about the cabin, and if seeing a passenger awake, asking if they wanted anything.

So off to Cyberjaya and our son and partner.
#947048 by mitchja
18 Nov 2018, 15:16
Thanks the the TR :)

Re their boarding process. It's been a good few years since I flew with QR, but last time I did, economy was completely boarded before they even started boarding Business and First. It sounds like it's still the same process.

It's a much much better system IMHO especially when they board from door 1 meaning the J cabin doesn't get disturbed with economy pax constantly walking through the cabin as they board.
#947055 by gilly
18 Nov 2018, 19:11
No, they definitely called Business first, and in fact on the return, on both flights I was actually first passenger to board.

I do like the two boarding doors though,for the reason you state.