#949242 by David
14 Mar 2019, 21:27
Thought I’d do a quick TR on my flight from Miami up to Orlando.

If you’d lost a few hours of your life and read my outbound to Miami with Virgin, then this follows on, if not have a search.

It was an early start leaving the Hampton Inn Miami Airport East to give it its full title only because 1, I can never figure out what the checkin time is with USA domestic flights, 2 I don’t know how busy Miami is in the mornings and c I really wanted to check out the Amex Centurian lounge.

First coach was 6.30. Flight was 9.17 Trip to airport 4 mins. A little early.

Bypassed the curbside checkin. Something doesn’t feel right about these coming from the UK :blush:

Inside turns out American has a huge presence at Miami. Didn’t see any First check in but having already had my boarding pass on phone, it was a simple job of scanning the code, adding bags (which couldn’t be done when checking in online) and dropping bags.

Made my way to the lounge fighting the temptation not to indulge in the breakfast special at one outlet of scrambled eggs, toast, french fries and, wait for it, an 18oz ribeye.

For breakfast ...........

The lounge pre 8 o’clock only had a continental breakfast. Again, salami for breakfast. Maybe not.

At 8 as well as the sun coming up, the hot food came out so all was good in the end.

The lounge is huge and has great views of one of the runways.

However, it meant I’d seen an American 737-800 and a Prime Air something or other. Not good omens. Haha. I was on an Airbus :-P

Took a slow walk to the gate to find most people being given new boarding passes. Mmm, a plane change.

Walked into the plane to seat 1E to be greeted with this site

0493E5E4-2BF0-4454-AC47-66B8E466E0C1.jpeg
0493E5E4-2BF0-4454-AC47-66B8E466E0C1.jpeg (106.85 KiB) Viewed 7601 times

Oh dear. Not good. Even worse when the cabin crew sitting in their seats started talking to each other with their hands covering their mouths. There did seem to be a bit of a mutter going round a few of the passengers as well.

However after a very short flight of around 41 mins we landed safely in Orlando international to be greeted with the news when I arrived at the hotel that President Trump had grounded the fleet.

Thanks

David